Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
I'm a freelance graphic designer, and the main reason why I bought the iPhone was to fulfill The Need to browse the internet and check emails while I'm away from home. The first few days were great, but now I find myself turning on the iPhone at church, family gatherings, dinners, etc. Really, it's turned on when it really doesn't have to be on. The Need is now a fingertip away, but I'm abusing it. My fiancé has said numerous times, "Babe, can you put that freakin' thing away for 10 minutes?!" I'm curious if you guys/gals have found yourself in a similar situation.

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
Yeah, pretty close to that end of the tether too... It's too good and useful but I remember to stick in my pocket.

of course, the iphone is wonderful but like anything has the potential to be abused.

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2007
I'm a freelance graphic designer, and the main reason why I bought the iPhone was to fulfill The Need to browse the internet and check emails while I'm away from home. The first few days were great, but now I find myself turning on the iPhone at church, family gatherings, dinners, etc. Really, it's turned on when it really doesn't have to be on. The Need is now a fingertip away, but I'm abusing it. My fiancé has said numerous times, "Babe, can you put that freakin' thing away for 10 minutes?!" I'm curious if you guys/gals have found yourself in a similar situation.

My wife does the same to me, then I put it down and she steals it and surfs slash fiction on livejournal like there's no tomorrow.

:D

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Well, we DID meet on a Star Wars message board...

180px-Triumph_with_Star_Wars_nerds.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.