My final MR posts :(

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
448
0
Jacksonville, FL
Well guys, I'm sad to say but I have to be leaving the MacRumors community. But I'm not sad to say that I got a job at the local Apple Store! I called them today and they said that they were getting a package together to offer me a position either later tonight or tomorrow once they get everything together since they have a new way of hiring people. I'm so excited but I'm sad to say good-bye. Thanks for all of the good times! You guys all rock! A few years and a few posts later, farewell. :( :D
 

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
670
0
rockandrule said:
Well guys, I'm sad to say but I have to be leaving the MacRumors community. But I'm not sad to say that I got a job at the local Apple Store! I called them today and they said that they were getting a package together to offer me a position either later tonight or tomorrow once they get everything together since they have a new way of hiring people. I'm so excited but I'm sad to say good-bye. Thanks for all of the good times! You guys all rock! A few years and a few posts later, farewell. :( :D
so why are you leaving MacRumors?
 

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
670
0
yankeefan24 said:
NDA's. They don't want employee's posting stuff here, so they can't reveal new products, etc.
are they allowed to read this content though?

I mean this might explain why so many employees at the apple store I've interacted with seemed so misinformed, like once I asked this guy if Apple is getting Merom, and he asked what Merom was, then I told him the next generation of the Processor, he said noway, these processors are still fast and powerful, this was like 3 weeks ago...:D
 

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
448
0
Jacksonville, FL
Jericho2550 said:
are they allowed to read this content though?

I mean this might explain why so many employees at the apple store I've interacted with seemed so misinformed, like once I asked this guy if Apple is getting Merom, and he asked what Merom was, then I told him the next generation of the Processor, he said noway, these processors are still fast and powerful, this was like 3 weeks ago...:D
I don't think they keep us from reading, just posting. That's the real important stuff.


I haven't signed anything yet, so I'm still good hahaha.
 

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
670
0
rockandrule said:
I don't think they keep us from reading, just posting. That's the real important stuff.


I haven't signed anything yet, so I'm still good hahaha.
well best of luck to you :)
 

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
1,651
0
><><><><
I would still post if it were me. I just wouldnt make mention of my job. I know several apple employees that post here.
 

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
4,347
1
rockandrule said:
Having to sign agreements with the job that pertain to not being allowed to post on any sites relating to Apple in any way.
So,.......what's the problem?












:D ;)
 

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2006
490
349
Switzerland
Surely, it's not like Apple are goona trace your internet movements...
Also if you just refrain from mentioning anything that'd be fine, I mean if you get drunk, you shouldn't be able to turn on your Mac, let alone type, so its all good! :D

Cheers
 

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
37,418
3,530
Los Angeles
Good luck with your new job, rockandrule! It's too bad you won't be able to tell us how it is going after you start working there.

Someday, when you move on to your next job (running a major corporation, of course), come back and tell us all your old Apple Store stories!
 

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
3,416
12
Up the irons
yankeefan24 said:
NDA's. They don't want employee's posting stuff here, so they can't reveal new products, etc.
How can they freakin' enforce that? Just don't release your name, or the fact that you work for Apple..........
 

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
4,021
3,787
totally cool
rockandrule said:
Well guys, I'm sad to say but I have to be leaving the MacRumors community. But I'm not sad to say that I got a job at the local Apple Store! I called them today and they said that they were getting a package together to offer me a position either later tonight or tomorrow once they get everything together since they have a new way of hiring people. I'm so excited but I'm sad to say good-bye. Thanks for all of the good times! You guys all rock! A few years and a few posts later, farewell. :( :D

start posting again after you get fired.... ;)