My find my mac story.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FatGuy007, Aug 14, 2012.

1. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

At days, I lock my office so no one steals my things. One day I stayed up until 3 am in my office I was so sleepy that I forgot my baby (Macbook Pro Retina) there and the door locking. I was really stupid i know, the next day , I can't believe it! my 3000$ piece of technology is gone, but with a password. before I contacted security, I remember hesitating (the best hesitate I made) and activating find my mac when I was setting it up. So I quickly got to my iMac, locked it up, and sent the burglar a message, "This is the police reporting, you have 2 days or we will shoot" it was silly i know, but I couldn't help doing it. The next day i see one of my coworkers look nervous I have no idea but then I thought "It wouldn't only be about the Macbook" so I carried on. The next day he wasn't talking to anybody and I tried speaking to him and he quickly said "Hey-y-yy-, I am busy now bye", I immediatley knew something was wrong but second guessing if it was the Macbook. I gave him one more shot. The next day, was the day, I went up to my iMac making a grin typing this, "We're going up the building, Put your hands in the air and we may not shoot", the guy charged out his office immediatley burst out crying and his hand in the air. Everybody burst out laughing, but me I was furious. I got up quickly, went to him, pushed him hard away from his door, went into his office, ended up being under his desk. He was fined of 10'000$ and a week of jail for burlary. I was second guessing this, i felt like a monster, I humilated him, made him pay 5x more than the macbook, pushed him, but than again he stole my baby, no one steals my baby.
    Today I learned, find my mac is an amazing utility and I am forcing you to activate it now if you havent yet.
    P.S I am not an author, so don't judge my descriptive skills.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

That made me laugh. It sucks that the people you work with would do that though. So did he have to pay you $10000?
    What a shady guy.. I am glad it worked out for you though.

3. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

5000$, the rest goes to the goverment :(
    yup, he ended up deserving everything he got.

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

what an idiot, but this was funny.

any thief with average intelligence would know the police would never send messages like that, let alone would there be "much they could do" without substantial evidence.

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Urg the evil pirates who run your country :p
    Anyway, do you know if he is still going to be an employee? Talk to your boss. To be honest if I was you I would not want to work in the same environment.
    The guy must be pretty stupid if he believed that the police was going to shoot him over a stolen computer though

6. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

To be honest, he was stupid. He always got shouted most of the time by has boss and mostly acted like an ass.
    He got fired, the reason he stole is because he was low on salary since he was barley promoted.

7. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

You have no reason to feel bad. He shouldn't be working in your office if hes willing to steal from co workers. He deserved EVERYTHING he got.

8. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

agreed, especially as an adult who knows better, or should.

9. Aodhan macrumors regular

He was the monster. A dirty thief. Good for you, he got what he deserved. He should have served more time. Thanks for sharing this story and the happy ending. And it was a happy ending.

10. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

No problem, nobody really liked him in office so everybody wins, except him.