My first casualty to Lion- Swipe to Scroll?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Gofre, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Gofre macrumors regular

Hi all,

So yeah, like most people I've jumped over Lion like a rash, and so far love pretty much everything (Even Mission Control, which came as a big surprise for me). However upon checking out the new Mail app, I noticed that a gesture I regularly used appears to be tragically absent- the 3 finger swipe to move to the next/previous email/item in the RSS feed. Am I correct in fearing that this feature is gone entirely? I've scoured the Trackpad options and cannot see it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated [=

2. JustinBW macrumors member

Gone for me as well. This gesture not only worked in mail but many other apps too. I want it back!!! :)

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

May I suggest downloading BetterTouchTool (free) and using some of the additional gestures in there to customize these effects that have now been dumped to have them do other things in Lion.

Things like two fingers down and then tapping the left or right finger are useful customizable options in BTT. The other thing you can do is check the System Prefs -> Trackpad and see that is unchecked by default.

I personally find it ridiculous that when I go into an Apple Store to use a Mac, all store computers have right clicking on a trackpad as an actual click as opposed to a two finger tap. First thing I do when I use one of those is System Prefs -> Trackpad, enable two finger tap to secondary click so I don't have to click down.

4. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I know what you mean! I was wondering the same thing about the 3 finger side swipe. I used to use it in the Twitter app to go back and forth between columns for searches, profiles etc. I hope they update it so that a two-finger side swipe will work, since the 3finger is now for dashboard/app switching.

5. MDTyKe macrumors regular

It's not gone. Choose it under More Gestures > Swipe between pages.

Note: 3 finger drag will turn off, sadly. And I miss drag-lock more than anything :-(

6. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

Drag lock exists under Universal Access. A very odd place to put it.

7. JustinBW macrumors member

Actually this is working now... Hrmm.

I got the better touch tool and it working in mail, but not ichat.