My First Child Born Saturday

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Charcoalwerks, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Charcoalwerks macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

All I can say is WOW!! What an experience! From the initial labor at 7:00pm to the actual delivery at 5:00am. The Doctors and staff at Anne Arundel General were incredible! The attention to detail, the aftercare, the overall environment for someone like me who is just taking this leap forward was indescribable.

I'm the Father by the way and this was something I will never forget.

Here is a pic of "Eleigh Antoinette" 8 hours old lol

[​IMG]

2. gertruded macrumors 6502

Our first great grand child was born recently. The thrill is still there. Congratulations.

3. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

4. Charcoalwerks thread starter macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

Thank you so much! Congratulations to you too! :)

----------

Thank you so much! It really makes me feel lucky for everything that happened this past weekend. We've both worked our butts off to be in a position that we can provide for her. I've never been real emotional, but that first "WAAAA!" does feel like a gift.

5. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

awesome.

congrats to you, mom, and the little one. that's hard work for everyone involved. :eek:

two legged time machines. seriously. BAMN... she's crawling. POOF... she's talking. WAMMO... she wants to borrow your car. for real.

oh yeah, and get used to no sleep for awhile. the good news is that it wears off pretty fast, and you'll be so tired you won't remember it anyway.

great job dad!

6. Charcoalwerks thread starter macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

Ha Ha! Thanks! We're already on shifts! I work 9-5 but as soon as I get home I take over for as long as I can until Eleigh gets hungry. Her Mom has been great about nursing, and I'm happy to see my daughter and give mommy a couple hours nap! :D

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

8. Charcoalwerks thread starter macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

NO KIDDING!! Im just happy I bought the 2011 model when I did! I should be alright for a while and occupied by my baby girl!
    I do graphics for a newspaper all day on PC's and come home to a Mac and now my baby girl! :D

9. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Oh my gosh what a sweetheart all snuggled up in her hat and blanket! Congratulations to all three of you. Much happiness, and eventually even a little catching up on some sleep ;) in the times ahead!

11. recharge23 macrumors regular

awesome! congrats! i'm expecting my first in april and i'm already wondering what his/her first apple product will be. haha :cool:

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

13. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Congrats! She's very cute and I like the name you chose.

14. Charcoalwerks thread starter macrumors regular

Charcoalwerks

That is awesome! It makes everything seem insignificant when you hear that first WAAAAAA!

I am so grateful that she is healthy and the Mother and her are learning to breastfeed. I'm one of those people that thinks there's got to be something wrong , but everything has been great so far. Trust me, you'll go through it! ;)

----------

Thank you. My sisters name is Erin and her middle name is Leigh. We added the E to create Eleigh. My wife's mother's name is Antoinette. Her side of the family are Afrikaaners. Eleigh is the first of her South African side of the family to be born in the states!

15. TedM macrumors 6502

16. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Happy Birthday to Eleigh Antoinette, and congratulations to her mom and dad!