My First Cross-Platform Game

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by QueenZ, Nov 11, 2008.

1. QueenZ macrumors 6502

QueenZ

Hello!
    I have finally bought a Mac and it's been only a week. I started wondering how to make applications for Mac OS X and so i found what i was looking for.. and started coding my first cross-platform game (Linux, Mac OS and Windows).
    It's been a real struggle.. Some things didn't work on Linux so i had to make a new version for that but as for Windows, it's been pretty good except some hover effects that didn't work that well..
    With that out of the way, the game is finally finished and QueenZ Software proudly presents - "Who wants to be a millionaire?"!

Screenshots:
    Windows
    Mac OS X
    Linux

Downloads:
    Windows
    Mac OS X
    Linux (GTK+ only)

Good luck! Let's hear what people think and probably some suggestions as well... :D
    Looking for project files? - PM me!

2. WilliamTM macrumors member

WilliamTM

Fully licenced by Sony Pictures Television, I hope?

3. QueenZ thread starter macrumors 6502

QueenZ

Totally! :) So how did you like it?

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Looking at those screenshots, is it actually running on Vista, or have you run Vista in a virtual machine and put the OS X version on top of the Vista desktop?

Only reason I say that is because it's oddly missing from the taskbar. ;)

Other than that, it looks good. Got any screenshots of how the Phone a Friend or Ask the Audience works?

5. QueenZ thread starter macrumors 6502

QueenZ

It is actually running on Vista. It removes it from taskbar automatically when i remove borders...

I can make some more screenshots but i recommend you try it for yourself! :)