My first E-Commerce site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Flying Llama, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

LINK

I made it for a guy, so it's not my product.

Any problems, ideas? It's really not getting any traffic, and he's not ready to pay for ads yet. How can I get the word around?

I'm open to anything you have to say about the site or any tips you might have.

Thanks in advance! :)

PS: what do you think about the product itself? is it easy to understand what is being sold?

2. therealdt macrumors regular

sorry it too long for it to load for me, i clicked out. I will try again later.

3. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

the "Enter Site" link is kind of hidden, I almost closed it until I remember it was suppose to be an ecommerce site, then searched for something else on the page to actually buy.

4. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

I don't like how there is a small link to get to the actual sales page. The intro is just too much, considering people normally want to see the main thing and not a "splash/landing" page. Make it simple, people don't want to have to look, the intro page just makes it seem like it is a photo gallery.

As for traffic, it takes time, money and patience. You really need to advertise a product in order for it to sell.

5. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Remove the splash page!

You are losing everyone that comes to your site.

6. Flying Llama thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

Okay, I removed contact to the splash page. Any suggestions to where I could link to that page from now on?

And any other suggestions for the site/product as a whole?

Thanks again for the help! :)

EDIT: the splash page can still be viewed here.

7. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

Hmm...I would start off my bringing more of a focus onto the document and the product themselves. I was very confused when I got there, and I know what I'm doing, I could only imagine what the avg user is thinking.

8. Flying Llama thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flying Llama

i put some text and links at the top, right under "sacred scroll of love". does that help simplify the website and clear some confusion?

thanks for the input though!!

9. cloud macrumors member

Ask yourself, "why do I need that splash page?" Those things are old, man. Yours looks nice, but it's not useful. If it's not useful for your website, DON'T USE IT. Imagine is Amazon.com had a pretty splash page for every product search you do. It'd look cool the first time, but you'd stop going there because it'd get in your way of *tada!* USING THE WEBSITE.

Not bad though. Keep it up.

:apple: