My first few hours with the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by R.Youden, Nov 29, 2007.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

So I got an iPhone today form Regents Street store.

So far this thing is brilliant! I am still very much getting used to it but the keyboard is very nice, a bit clunky at times when you are swapping between numbers and letters. I am amazed at the quality of the speaker. I was thinking of getting an in car player but I may not need to.

I havn't tried video yet, that is the next thing. I am tempted to hack it but I want to play with my virgin phone for a while.

Also I am temped to get some new headphones. Do I get some all-in-one solution (headphones and mic in one) or get the splitter they had at the Apple store of adaptor and mic, then you can add your own headphones....

2. tonywob, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I used to have a drive-and-play until some little **** when and stole it out of my car and caused £500 damage to it. The drive and play was connected to my aerial connector and when they yanked it out they broke my aerial connector so if I want to set up an iTrip I need a new stereo. Bit of a bummer really!

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Your username reminds me of:

Attached Files:

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I was very surprised to read this because mine is rubbish. Pure distortion at any audible level. Perhaps it's faulty.

6. tonywob, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  7. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I was thinking that same thing!

The other strange thing I noticed was that when I go into carriers under settings, I have options for Vodaphone, Orange and t-Mobile Uk, what is that all about?

8. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

I'm on my second iphone now and the speaker quality on both is identical, poor while playing music and distorts easily. From what I've read most of them are the same.

EDIT:

I've just tested this some more and I'd say the speaker in my replacement phone is indeed able to play music louder and clearer than the original iPhone I owned. It's not perfect but it is improved.

9. SRSound macrumors 6502

the iPhone speaker is not a "good" speaker by any measure; but, if you're just looking for sound - it does that

10. dammitjanet@gma macrumors member

its a standard feature on most phones - when you hit carriers, the loading.... cycle is very misleading, its actually searching for any phone network in its signal area. eg if you go abroad, then these will show foreign providers.

11. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Something else I have noticed, how God damn uncomfortable those headphones are!

I have been using the Apple in-ear headphones with my iPod for years and they are great, but the new headphones are terrible. I suppose it is because I am not used to them. Well some new headphones to go on my Christmas list ;)

12. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

13. R.Youden thread starter macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Wow thanks for that link, a soldering iron and 20 minutes later i have in-ear ipod headphones on my iPhone, woo-hoo!

14. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC