My first full battery drain with Haswell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RandomCitizen, May 21, 2014.

1. RandomCitizen macrumors member

I opened the lid of my fully charged Haswell 15" (specs in the sig line) this morning at 7:30 am and rode hard, hard until it went dark at 2:50 pm. The MacBook is seven days old today.

Of course there were times where I took a phone call for 10 minutes, or I ran out to the car to get something, or drank some coffee for 15 minutes with a friend, but I am here to say I was spreadsheeting, PDFpen left and right (that thing is a hog), and running iTunes in the background (I could've used my iPhone 5, but I chose not too), I used both Chrome and Safari, running and using Kiwi for ADN, PCalc, Postbox, Evernote, Skitch, iCal, 1Password, and essentially working my butt off!

I don't know about you're experiences, but I think it did quite well. Again, specs are at the sig line.

What do you think, was my experience typical, exceptional, or low?

2. c1phr macrumors 6502

I'd say typical. I get about this much life from mine doing general programming (mostly web dev) and browsing.

3. dextr3k macrumors 6502

Yeah, pretty much really great machines.

My haswell 13" rMBP goes pretty much full workday of just word processing and email browsing. I dont even have to bring my charger to work!