Hey

Though I would post saying that I have finally decided to order an iMac :D

24" Screen
2.8GHZ INTEL CORE 2 EXTREME
1GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 1x1GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive
SuperDrive 8X(DVD+R DL/DVD+RW)
Apple Wireless Keyboard & Mighty Mouse

Will be getting another 1GB ram from crucial as it was £90 more from Apple.

Estimated Delivery: 08 Nov, 2007 - 13 Nov, 2007, I hope that I don't get any problems like those mentioned by other users... Fingers Crossed.

Gormond

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
Nice! Glad you're adding the extra RAM, esp through Crucial, Apple should be ashamed of their RAM prices.
The only thing I don't like is the wireless keyboard. If I buy an iMac next year I'd have to get the wired one, what will you do without a dedicated num pad!? (The irony is I've been using a 12" Powerbook for 4 years or so :D)

Just put in my order for a new MBP on Saturday so I know how you feel now, I'm assuming you've got the Apple Order Status page up and are CMD+R constantly? I am :p

Comment

gormond

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
The only thing I don't like is the wireless keyboard. If I buy an iMac next year I'd have to get the wired one, what will you do without a dedicated num pad!? (The irony is I've been using a 12" Powerbook for 4 years or so :D)
I'm used to having a wireless mouse or keyboard and tbh I hardly ever use the numpad so it's no loss.

I didn't take the Apple Care but I assume I can add that on later ?

Comment

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Congratulations! That's one sweet machine you've ordered there - I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :)

Comment

gormond

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
How much did you pay for that sweet setup? :D
Just paid the going price on the website "£1,402.99", I guess I could have got a discount if I phoned them but I was happy enough with the price :)

I see i got pretty much the same setup as you hehe :p

Comment

gormond

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Boo my estimated delivery has moved to 27 Nov, 2007, sure hope it doesn't keep doing this.

Comment