My first Intel Mac! (2009 MacBook)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dandeco, Jul 30, 2011.

1. dandeco macrumors regular

Well, I finally managed to hop on the bandwagon. I bought myself a nice early-2009 MacBook (the one with the 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 2 GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics). It only cost me $230, since it was used, and the optical drive needed to be replaced (until then I can just use my external FireWire DVD drive and the Remote Disc sharing), and due to Apple discontinuing the regular MacBook line.

I got it yesterday, and so far I LOVE IT! I upgraded the ram to 3 GB (as that was all I have right now before I can buy another compatible 2 GB module), swapped out the existing 120 GB hard drive with a bigger 250 GB drive, installed Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on it, and pretty much took it away from there!

So far, I will still use my eMac as my main desktop (typing this on it right now), but the MacBook will be for on the go or heavier digital media editing (i.e. Photoshop, bigger iMovie projects, etc.), plus it'll be so I can use newer programs and stuff on it that Leopard or PPC wouldn't support. I'm also going to put Windows on another partition on the drive to take advantage of Boot Camp (like we did with the iMacs at my college's Fine Arts building). Not sure whether to install Windows XP or 7...

2. ThomasBoss macrumors regular

$230?! :eek:
    That is a great bargain! Hope you continue you enjoy it :)

3. winston1236 macrumors 68000

wow amazing price they could have been paid much more than that:eek: enjoy!