iPad My First iPad and First Post With It

Discussion in 'iPad' started by solar240sx, Nov 19, 2013.

1. solar240sx macrumors newbie

Well after waiting 2 weeks I finally got my first Apple product? I got my Air thru T Mobile, and after spending what seemed like hours setting up accounts and passwords I'm finally starting to enjoy it. Though I already have a couple minor grips.

1. I don't like that the keyboard letters don't change from upper to lower case. Not a big deal since you can see I already have gotten it figured out. But hey even my 3 year old android phone keyboard changes. Just will take a bit to get use to I guess.

2. The WiFi antenna kinda stinks, I get a full signal out on my back porch with my laptop and phone but this Air only gets about one bar and sometimes none at all. Hopefully it's just a setting issue.

Other than that it seems like a really well built piece of hardware and is smooth as butter. It's night and day as far as build quality compared to the Nexus 7 I had for a few days.

I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions as I get use to this machine.

2. v0lume4 macrumors 65816

v0lume4

I'd go as far to say that the Air may have one of the best antennas on a tablet you could get. Of course, if you could get fine reception on your Nexus 7 on the porch, but not the Air, then I obviously stand corrected. At least with the new MIMO technology you get killer speeds when you DO have a signal..!

Also, CONGRATULATIONS! :)

3. solar240sx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks ! Well I stand corrected the WiFi seems to be working fine, I didn't realize that the strength indicator only had 2 bars to begin with. But it does show the signal going from one bar to zero quite a bit, though every site I've brought up loads quickly. I've had this for less than an hour and I can tell there's going to be a learning curve.

The nexus 7 didn't seem to have issues with reception but than again it kept crashing so I rather have a low signal issue than something that keeps locking up.

4. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

My advice to you is to stop compairning your Apple product to Andriod and just enjoy your FIRST Apple product. :)

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Well I do expect there will be "I did X on Android, how do I do that on my iPad?"

6. solar240sx thread starter macrumors newbie

I could care less if I own a android or apple product, I just want something that works well and is easy to use. That's why I returned my Nexus 7, I didn't think it was a very good product. I own a Honda, Nissan, and 2 Fords so I'm not a brand loyalist.

I was just pointing out what I think or thought we're strengths and weaknesses of the iPad.

So yeah I am enjoying my iPad so far, just like I enjoy my PC and Android devices. No need to take my comments personal. :)

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

How do I do Live Wallpapers on the iPad? :p

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Settiings > Brightness & Wallpapers > Choose Wallpaper > Dynamic. :D