My first iPad

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
This is the first time I have ever owned a ipad or any tablet for that matter. I am wondering if some people can give me some tips and recommend some apps. I have always wanted an ipad and the display is what pushed me into getting one.

AlabamaSlammer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Alabama
thanks for your help.... How about maybe I am new to apple products and have had the air for maybe 3 months and the iphone 4s maybe 2 weeks. Now I have an new ipad and have had it less than 8 hours. you get that?

brownshoelace

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Some of the free ones I use most often:

Flipboard is a great custom news feed. Beautiful layout

CNN has a great app. You can watch the channel live if you have a subscription to a cable service.

Dropbox of course for transferring files from iPhone/pc to iPad

Evernote is another great productivity app for syncing stuff between devices.

Kindle or iBooks for e-books

Hootsuite is nice for syncing social networking feeds.

Netflix if you have an account.

Last edited:

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
for dropbox, does it download to your iPad? I am always confused about this ( i dont have an iPad yet, but planning to buy a 16 GB one). So would dropbox gives me "extra" space for stuff (non apps, etc.) or what?

seeharrison

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
for dropbox, does it download to your iPad? I am always confused about this ( i dont have an iPad yet, but planning to buy a 16 GB one). So would dropbox gives me "extra" space for stuff (non apps, etc.) or what?
It's stored in the cloud, but you can cache stuff to your iPad by marking it as a favorite. Anything you start as a favorite will be available when you are not connected to the internet and will use local storage.