iPad My First Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by myfirstipad, Aug 24, 2013.

1. myfirstipad macrumors newbie

Am looking into getting an Ipad. Will be my first, not had one before. By the time I can get one undoubtedly the ipad 5 will be released. I've read online that someone has said that it would start at about 600. The current ipads I've seen are about 499 for a 16gb (4th gen wifi only) Would the prices all go up that much? Or would they probably stay about the same as they are for the 4th gen ones now? Sorry am new never had ipad before so not sure what to expect. Thanks for any help.

2. sim0n macrumors member

my guess would be that the ipad 5 coming out soon will be exactly the same price as the current ipad 4, and same goes with the mini when the mini 2 is released

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Don't know where you read such a rumor, can't say I've seen any such rumor on any of the sites I read frequently. The iPad has always started at $499 for the lowest priced model, I would be very surprised if that changed.

4. 3rdiguy macrumors 65816

3rdiguy

I jus bought my first ipad. 4th gen 64GB $556. It's awesome!!!

5. madgibbon macrumors regular

I'm hoping the iPad stays the same price. However Apple did increase the iPhone 5 price!

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It did? :confused: When? By how much? I don't ever remember hearing of a price change on the iPhone other than when the original iPhone went to a subsidized model, which resulted in a price drop.

7. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

yeah I'm waiting on the ipad 5. For wifi 32gb i expect about $600 unless they bump the 32gb model to base, Hopefully they do. :D

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Unlikely. Unless they were thinking the wifi+cellular models

Apple tends to keep the pricing the same year over year with the iDevices, and as much as they can with the computers. If anything the price goes down, rarely up, when it does change.

So the iPad Mini 2 will likely start at $329 and the iPad 5 at $499 give or take maybe $30.

And unless you have a pressing need for one right now for school or such I would suggest waiting for the new ones to at least be announced. Even if you decide not wait for launch the iPad Mini 1 and iPad 4 will go into clear out mode and the prices will go down a bit. Why not save some money

9. Codepiink macrumors regular

I'm hoping the same thing!

10. navt macrumors member

Refurbished

Do consider getting a refurbished iPad and save yourself some money.

11. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

No they didn't.

12. puma1552 macrumors 603

Wait until black friday, i got my 64 gig 4th gen for just $630 including tax, and that was just a month or so after the 4th gen came out so it was still the new ipad.