My first iPhone 4 issue...it scared me!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hypnospastic, Jun 23, 2010.

1. hypnospastic macrumors newbie

So my iPhone 4 (32G) arrived today from an angel (the fedex guy). I slowly opened it and backed up and set up the new piece of tech heaven. After about three hours I was on a phone call and then got a text and then put the phone back in my pocket. About 10 minutes later I get out of my car and pulled my phone out of my pocket. It wouldn't turn on. I tried again and again. I plug it into the charger, nothing. I connect it to my macbook and load iTunes, nothing. Freaked out, I grab the land line we have (yes, we have one) and called Apple.

The guy at Apple was just shocked that I experienced this problem within hours of setting up my new phone. He said it was the first called he'd heard of regarding this "unresponsive issue". He asked if I had done a hard reset by pushing the power and home buttons at the same time for 15 seconds. I had not so I tried it and like "magic", it loads up and acts completely fine.

He documented my case and informed me that I may get a call from Apple due to this issue and he gave me a case number in the event that it happens again. (It better not for $330)

Just thought I would share my daytime nightmare. I hope that this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Enjoy your new iPhone 4 everyone!

2. SayCheese macrumors 6502a

I feel for ya. Hopefully this was a one off though and you were just unlucky.

3. beaverbaseball macrumors newbie

Always try resetting the phone before freaking out to much...I've gone through the same thing a few times myself