My first iPhone + question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by martosprint, Nov 27, 2013.

1. martosprint macrumors 6502

I bought the iPhone 5S for my wife and have her email account set up. I know I can also add my email account to it because I tried it and deleted it. The reason I deleted my account is because I didn't want all my emails to show up on the iPhone, just the wife's. Can I just have my account name showing without having all my emails show up on her phone? The reason would be if I am sending out an email on her phone it shows her as the sender, I would like to change her senders name to mine before sending out an email. Is this possible to do? I just want to be able to change the senders name (wifes) to my name and email address when sending an email on her phone.
    I can do it on my iMacs and iPads, but was wondering if I can do it on her iPhone. I notice that i can't change the senders name and email address to mine. thanks for a reply

2. AJAAY macrumors regular

I don't think there is a way you can do that without having your mail come to her phone. The only way to have your email pop up when composing a message is to have the 'mail' tab turned on under your email account in settings.

Unless there is a 3rd party app that can complete this function.

3. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

No you can't do that.

Just curious, why do you want to send things on your wifes phone from your email?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm assuming he doesn't have an iPhone but would like to be able to use her iPhone just for emails while they're away from their computers/iPads?

Not sure though, but seems plausible!

5. martosprint thread starter macrumors 6502

Tyler23, yep that is my reason for wanting to be able to do that. So I guess it's not possible then. Well thanks to all that responded. I appreciate it.

6. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

What mail app are you using?

If, for example, you're using gmail in the default mail app, you can set up your email accounts in the gmail app or mailbox, and use those. Likewise, you can do that with outlook.com or yahoo.

If you're using exchange or icloud mail, I can't think of anything.

7. Ann P macrumors 68020

Only solution I can think of is to manually turn on/off your account in Mail, Contacts, Calendars every time you want to email from her phone.

8. madboy007 macrumors newbie