My First iPod - 5th Gen 30GB iPod "video"

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Ahheck01, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

Hey guys! I know this is rather pathetic, but I just received my first iPod. Okay, I had a 2nd gen 10gb for a couple months... but this is my first modern iPod :cool:

I was wondering what you guys considered the must-haves as far as accessories and mods. I currently have a USB data cable. I also have a new aluminum 13" Macbook. In my car I have an FM Transmitter compatible with any MP3 player, works great for the iPod.

What accessories would you guys recommend? What modifications/hacks can the 5th Gen iPod take to make it more usable/functional?

Thanks in advance!

-Evan

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can install Rockbox on the 5th generation iPods so it can play most of the formats iTunes won't allow (flac, ape, wav, etc).

3. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

Get an iPod Hi-fi and the Apple iPod leather case.

5. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

congrats! personally that was my fav ipod-very durable....make sure u get senuti or yamipod (i prefer senuti though) on your computer...useful app

a wall charger is a must as well....check out ebay, monoprice.com or eforcity.com for cheap accessories

enjoy though!

6. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

7. coronel mustard macrumors member

coronel mustard

You could hand more of the green stuff over to apple and get a packet of ipod socks- one size fits all. They are a tad bit expensive but you get 5 socks (i think) in a packet so you can use them for your other gadgets as well- i use one for each of my ipods and one for my phone as well. Also, although it might seem a little be obvious, why not invest in a good set of headphones?

8. wpc33 macrumors 6502

wpc33

The best case, IMO, is the iSkin Evo.

Download the app, iPodDisk. It launches a virtual disk image, where you can drag and drop any file or folder out of the iPod within the Finder. Truly the best. It just doesn't copy into the iPod. One-way-road.
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28437