My First Ipod Touch Experience

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LordEntropy, Nov 21, 2007.

1. LordEntropy macrumors regular

Just wanted to share this.

So I have just visited the Channel Islands in the UK where of course there is no 17.5% VAT (sales Tax) Ipod Touches were on sale for £228 a saving of about £40!!

So I bought a 16gb. Got it home today having arrived home late last night and it is broken!!!

Bottom 25% of the screen is non-responsive. Tried a hard reset and a restore and nothing. Incidentally it is a week 43.

So I will have to wait until Monday to return it to the Apple store on Regent's Street in London.

Frankly am amazed that the very first Apple product I have bought for myself is faulty. Can anyone say Quality Control!! If I have another problem then I will just get a refund and buy something else.

2. Ollie1216 macrumors newbie

Ollie1216

Oops!

Whoa... sounds like they sent you the iPod Smash instead of the Touch! :D

3. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

Every brand, no matter what the quality control, will eventually let a dud out onto the market. You will sometimes find a defective Toyota car, Denon receiver, Pioneer car stereo or any other brand/item as well -- anytime you make millions of products, you can't guarantee 100% defect-free manufacturing to the consumer delivery.

Just exchange it and enjoy it. I know it's a PITA, but it's nothing to get too upset over either. It's not like you just bought a $300,000 Bentley and it broke-down on the highway ;)

4. LordEntropy thread starter macrumors regular

Yep agree although I know 3 other people who own Touches and one of them had to return due to non responsive screen as well. So I am wondering what percentage of returns Apple are getting on the device?

I just hope on Monday they have some 16 gigs in, as I have had a play with what bits i can and I am impressed.

Fingers crossed.:eek: