My first Kernel Panic! =O

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kristenn, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Kristenn macrumors 6502

To be honest. I was curious to see one in person. Its very interesting how it happens. the sound skips and the black aero looking glass slowly comes down and BOOM! There it is... it tells you to restart. Anyway. My computer is almost 8 months old and I haven't seen one till now... I'm not worried about it. My computer started fine and works like it did before. But I was wondering what caused it and if it might happen again?

I was using iMovie and importing a film. Some school work I'm finishing up. I had iTunes open and was listening to Stairway to heaven. And I was on a website with Safari. Do you think maybe I just had a lot going on?

Thanks ^^''

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Macs are meant to handle many operations, but importing a movie is a sizable process. When I am importing videos I let it finish the process before doing anything else.

3. gotzero macrumors 68040

4. Kristenn thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you so much =D I will look at the link. I agree. iMovie imported stuff did have cpu in 100% mostly. I should probably not try doing anything else well doing that. I was doing it in the original size too. Not sure if its HD. But it was big.

5. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

I just want to say that I like the idea of "kernel panic"... I usually think of my computer as so level headed.

6. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

If you wanted, you could run the Apple hardware test by holding D as your computer starts up.

Just to make sure you RAM or anything else hasn't gone funny.