My first Laptop and its a MacBook!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tanujdude91, Jun 24, 2009.

1. tanujdude91 macrumors newbie

Heya people ,
    My dad gifted me a new laptop and its a macbook .
    I've never used a mac os x before so this is my first time . I'm kinda enjoyin using it as its something new for me. A few things are a bit complicated but i'll learn.
    I guess its time to add some protection to it . I will be buying a Tucano second skin in a couple of days . Also , I am looking for screen protection as well - something that saves my screen from scratches . Invisible Shield looks good but one of my friend told me that if I use that my screen's glossy look will no longer remain glossy . Screensavrz Looks a good option as well . What should i buy for my screen? Invisible Shield , Screensavrz or something else?

Uploading a couple images of my macbook as well :p

Attached Files:

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Congratulations dude. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your Macbook :) What model is it? (You can check by going to About This Mac and telling us the processor speed, and you may as well tell us how much ram you have whilst your there :D)

As for the Invisible Shield, doesn't it depend on whether you like the gloss or not? Since, if you don't, then it's fine to apply it since it will get rid of it right? If you DO like the gloss, then don't get it.

Welcome to the club :)

3. tanujdude91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the quick welcome . Its the Aluminium Macbook .
    Seems a bit stupid but I can't really find the "About This Mac" button . Where's it?
    I guess the configuration is 2 Ghz , 2 GB RAM and 160 GB HDD .

Of course I love the gloss . So i guess i shouldn't go for the shield . What dya think about Screensavrz ??

4. Nobita macrumors 6502

About this mac button is in the apple button on the top left corner =)

Congratulations, it's a Mac! In fact it's the same one that I have now, I'm loving mine as well!

5. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Great for you man. How's the performance on that little guy?

6. firecrasher macrumors member

firecrasher

7. MedHead macrumors regular

Congrats on the mac they're a seriously great piece of kit! With regard to the screen, its really unlikely that it's gonna get scratched, like I've had mine since March and not a scratch on the screen or the laptop casing.

8. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Congrats on your new MacBook. There is one piece of advise that I'd like to mention because of your photo posted. You really shouldn't use your notebook on the bed like that. You should instead use it on a hard surface like a desk, table or book. Several manufacturers make a portable notebook desk or tray for this purpose as well.

The reason that a soft surface like your bed or lap are not advised is because the notebook needs to have as much surface as possible to dissipate heat. By placing it on a soft surface, not only will it be impossible to dissipate from underneath but it will promote heat build-up.

I just don't want your new baby to get too hot and cause problems :)

Here's link to a very good tutorial on the care and use of your new MacBook: Portables Fast Start: The New User's Guide to Apple Notebooks

Enjoy! -GDF

9. tanujdude91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks . Its running great . simply amazing .

lol thanks .

Thanks a lot man , that would really help . I've been using it on my lap or bed since last 5-6 hours . I'd switch .

Got it thanks ! All the best with your macbook !

10. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

Congratulations, enjoy your new toy!

Are these pictures taken with the iPhone? Damn the iphone takes some really crappy pictures.

11. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

12. arnop macrumors regular

arnop