My First LOST Fan Video - Made with imovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ElCambo, Jul 30, 2007.

1. ElCambo macrumors regular

Hey just created my first video ever using imovie HD. Awesome program, and would love you to give me feedback and rate my video that I uploaded onto youtube! It's a fan video for the tv show LOST with the song in the background "Dark Center of the Universe - Modest Mouse"

Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C0otTE8qJRg

2. slu macrumors 68000

slu

It is pretty well done and a good choice of song.

But, as an FYI, you have infringed on many copyrights, unless you have permission to use Lost footage and the Modest Mouse song from the copyright holders. Even if you are not making money from it.

3. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

That's awesome! As a lost fan, it was great seeing all those moments again. My favorite bit is where Locke falls from the building and 'lands' in the mass grave--a nice insight into his journey. I worked well with the music, too, getting intense as the song did.

If you'd like criticism: I'd drop the brady bunch effect (with Boone, I think) somewhere in the middle, and some of the strobing between images was about to cause me seizures.

4. ElCambo thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks so much for your feedback, I was thinking about taking the boone scene out, yet im not sure if i can edit my movie and then upload it again to youtube still keeping the comments and the ratings and the personal link to the site.

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

good video , bad music IMO but each to there own :)

6. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

The song made the whole thing, but great choice of clips and such. It's gotta be one of my favorite Lost fan videos. Most look cheesy and immature. This was very professional. :)

7. daisu macrumors member

It's very, very good. Good editing, nice effects. You might want to edit it some, but it looks like you were testing out a lot of different artistic possibilities. Make another video instead of "fixing" this one.

It's very, very good and deserves better ratings than given to it.

Check out my movie Hurt to see what can be done with no budget, a canon gl1, and final cut pro.