My first Mac, and it's perfect.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dmorgan, Apr 7, 2009.

1. dmorgan macrumors member

I was reading all the disaster stories on here but now that I've had my unibody MBP 15", 2.93, 7200 for a few days I can say it's perfect!

The screen is amazing, better than my previous Samsung 22" monitor. Sharper, better colours, everything. Even the viewing angle is amazing. I can stand to the side of the screen and still read websites, and when I look at it from high and low angles, colours don't get inverted.

I have installed XP, played a few intense games for about and hour last night and the temperature didn't get over 75 degrees celsius. XP runs hotter than OS X, but not hot enough that any damage will be done.

Also I saw complaints about the hinge being too loose. Rubbish. It's firm and the screen doesn't move at all when I carrying it around. You have to really jolt the unit to make it move.

Oh and people weren't happy with the sharp edges on the body, haha, that's ridiculous really. They aren't sharp at all.

Just a bit of reassurance for people waiting for their new Macs :) This is my first and it won't be my last!

2. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Congratulations on your new Mac. Sure sounds nice. I am considering one of these myself. Especially since will be able to upgrade the RAM to 8 GB. Although, I would wait a year until RAM prices drop. Just nice to read a positive story. So many people only write when they're mad or unhappy about something. I like the positive posts.

Good luck with your MBP. May it serve you well for many years.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yup, congratulations. I really get irritated when people moan and groan about trivial details like sharp edges. You have to smack your wrist at the right angle to injure yourself. Can't wait for my MBP this summer!

4. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

I'd um... just like to point out the Snow Leopard isn't an element.

5. JoshJosh117, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  6. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

No, it is.

7. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Congrats, dmorgan. Another happy customer. Enjoy your new laptop. ;)

It's been a few weeks for me since I purchased my new rig. However, each new day is still like the very first day. :D