Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
I have had my 24" 2.8GHz iMac from November 2007 flawless until today, 1 of 3 usb ports on the back simply decided to stop working. my keyboard, when plugged in, does not work, however, I usually use this one port with my iPod, when I plug my iPod in, it turns on, says its connected, then ejects automatically, though in the other ports...it works fine in the other ports.

Any ideas what could be the problem? This is really unfortunate for me :(

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
I have had my 24" 2.8GHz iMac from November 2007 flawless until today, 1 of 3 usb ports on the back simply decided to stop working. my keyboard, when plugged in, does not work, however, I usually use this one port with my iPod, when I plug my iPod in, it turns on, says its connected, then ejects automatically, though in the other ports...it works fine in the other ports.

Any ideas what could be the problem? This is really unfortunate for me :(

hey man! you ahvent been on msn lately - or maybes you deleted me.. anyway lol

have you tried the hardware diagnostics test?? its a very odd occurence for just one to stop working....

YanniDepp

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
I had an issue like this once. Strangely enough, it started working again when I rebooted.

If you've rebooted since it stopped working (and I know a lot of people that leave their macs on 24/7), try resetting the PRAM.

If those don't work, it's definitely a hardware issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.