My first Mac will be a MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by addersop, Feb 25, 2009.

1. addersop macrumors newbie

....and I'm very excited about it. Have had PCs for years and my current Toshiba laptop is pretty enough but it *crawls* now and after lots of research, last night I finally took the plunge and ordered the low end MBP. The order's currently processing, due for despatch tomorrow, hopefully.

Just wanted to come on here and share - can't wait for my new Mac! :)

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

That's good to hear, I'm sure you'll love it.

I think there's a good FAQ in the guides section for any new mac users regarding software and general newbie questions that you might need answering, anything else, just give a quick forum search, chances are someone else has asked it before!

3. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Nice one , hope you like, many folks on here willing to help folks out (even if you are from Yorkshire :p )

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Congrats! I got the exact same model in December and couldn't be happier. Upgraded from a 1.33GHz PowerBook, and it feels darn snappy.

Enjoy your new toy.:)

5. harry454 macrumors 6502

6. masterslacker macrumors member

Me too mine gets here next week. :D

7. EchoAdmin macrumors newbie

EchoAdmin

Just remember there's no right click(use apple button+click). Everything else is either the same or close enough to figure out.

8. pkagel macrumors regular

Yes their is a right click on both the track pad and on the mighty mouse, what are you talking about?

9. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

I can right click on my mouse :confused: just goto preferences> keyboard/mouse and click on mouse in the menu presented to you and set up how you like, can have a third button too if you like ? , seriously. and that squidgy thing where you can expose all windows right there on your mouse!. easy.

10. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Congrats!

There are right click options, ignore echo. You can configure the multi-touch track pad for two-finger right click. Or just attach any usb/bluetooth mouse and you're fine. That includes Apple's Mighty Mouse.

Let us know how it goes, and the specs of the machine that you get. Welcome :D

11. isethx macrumors regular

you will LOVE it. the multi-touch track pad is the best thing since sliced bread haha

12. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Congrats I went from many Dell Inspirons to a MBP and haven't looked back.

Cheers.

-J.-

13. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Congrats, when it arrives be sure to post your thoughts. I'm sure you will love Leopard and the MBP build quality.

14. eldivino macrumors member

Congrats on the big jum. My first Mac was a Unibody MBP. I love it. Money will spent. Hope you enjoy.

Just to warn you; You will be in awe with the simplicity of using a Mac.

15. MarkSTi04 macrumors regular

Yes you will Love your MBP!!! My 15" unibody puts my PC Desktop to shame and takes a poop on it! This is my first Mac and I cant wait to get a iMac or Mac Pro for home so I can really do some cool stuff with Logic and Final Cut. I have Logic Express installed on the MBP and its great. :apple:

Have fun with your New Mac!!

16. addersop thread starter macrumors newbie

First post from my new MBP! Picked it up last night and have taken my time thus far in looking round... have transferred my iPod contents over, synced iPhone contacts and apps.... it's just gorgeous and I couldn't be happier. The multi touch is sublime and the screen looks great. Need to get used to slightly inferior speakers - my Tosh laptop had Harman Kardon speakers which were so choice - but that aside... I'm a very happy camper :)

17. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Welcome to the environmentally friendly world of computing.

Peace.

18. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

ditto. Got mine for christmas and had it set up to my liking within a couple of hours... Time machine is noteworthy, but as another poster said the mutitouch trackpad is f***in AWESOME... I got the same config as you did, eldivino

19. ndn12b1 macrumors newbie

ndn12b1

new here,new MBP,new Indy artist.

Hey to all-I'm a newbie here and to mac. Just got delivery of an ebay mac I won 2 days ago-mbpro 15" 2.5G,320Ghd,4G ram,but unfort. 5400rpm.
    Amazing machine so far! Planning editing of my movies exclusively.
    Dumped footage in from camera no prob. Drug a CD song of mine into the edit no prob. Video doesn't jump like a frog like on my pc. Pretty intuitive for the most part, as I've never used a mac b4. Touchpad is way cool!

Weirdest part is (typing)watching the 'delete' go left (like 'backspace' on the pc)instead of dragging what was to the right back into it, but hey I can live with that! Also the "stereo" speakers are not what I expected, tho I realize it had to be hard to get mid to bass response out of something so small and thin. I thought it fascinating too to just unplug the DSL from my pc, plug it into the mac, hit safari and I was on the net immediately! I had no idea...
    To sum it all up, I'm a very happy camper and looking forward to finding answers and sharing with ya'll when I get up to speed(don't hold your breath)!

20. mac mac mac macrumors regular

Congrat! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new MBP and everything Mac :D

My first Mac was also a MBP but the early '08 model. I was fed up with the blue screens and registry errors with Windows. I've had no issue with Leopard. I just wished my workplace would convert all the computers to Mac, wishful thinking.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

21. smitht2 macrumors newbie

Hi Addersop - I am just down the M1 near Barnsley, and like you am new to Mac, but unlike you have not received my new MBP yet :(

Due end of next week, so eagerly awaiting the new world that is MBP + VM Fusion + Mac Office + hopefully-no-more-problems-with-always-having-to-re-boot-my-Vista-laptop !! :)

22. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

23. MacMyBitchUp macrumors newbie

24. ohaooa macrumors newbie

25. johata3 macrumors regular

I was totally in your position. I was switching from a Toshiba Tablet to the Unibody Macbook Pro. It is the best choice that I have ever done in electronics. I hope you'll enjoy your new mac and open up a better view in apple. :)