Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chukwithak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

so I finally got my credit back up after my ex wife ran it down. I told my self, once I got my credit back up, I'd get a single cc, use it to buy my mac for school and build the credit off of it. So, that bieng said im looking at a MBP at the moment, with a wired (macs mouse?) mouse, iLife, mobileme subscription (mainly for my iPhone integration) and an incase protector. I've been thinking about iWork but know nothing about it. So, for school, iPhone integration, I'm heavily dependent on things reminding me of to do, and possible future iPhone app writing (cnote?)

Any suggestions on my laptop and program selection? Any other suggested apps? Thanks for the help.

rychencop

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2007
Georgia
iWork is ok if it will handle all that you need it to do. i found that it was not very compatible with ms office documents as far as rendering the documents correctly. i bought office 08 for mac and love it. if you need your docs to be compatible with a windows system, that would be your best bet. i even found that neooffice and openoffice worked just "ok." but they are free!

have fun with your new mbp, i would upgrade to 4Gb of ram if you have not done so. you can find it for under $100. it'll speed everything up a bit.

madfresh

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
If you're going to be taking your laptop to school with you I would suggest getting a MB due to the battery life. MBP has a short battery life and will die on you when you most need it :p

nyzwerewolf

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
Long Island, NY
i bought 2X2GB Ram from Newegg for 70 bucks after rebate. and it works great on my MacBook Pro.

If your main purpose of this laptop is going to be for School; get MB. MBP is kinda wide to carry around. I do it, and its annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.