my first mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itsmed, Jun 19, 2009.

1. itsmed macrumors regular

itsmed

hi just got my first mac a 17"mbp and im loving it. im looking to take my itunes libert from my pc to my mac could anyone help :confused::confused:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Fáilte, and welcome to the Mac world!

Does your PC have FireWire? If so, you can use FireWire Target Disk Mode to get your files over to your Mac quickly and easily.

3. qpid macrumors regular

In your My Documents/My Music folder there is a folder called itunes, copy that to an ext hd and copy that to the Music folder on your mac, done

4. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

I'm a first-time mac user (still awaiting my new 17") and was wondering this as well - what type of cable exactly would I need to do the "firewire target disk mode" transfer? My PC has the tiny-type firewire port(the one shaped like this:[​IMG]

The 1394 i-link or whatever it's called. Anyway, what kind of cable would I need to link up to my new uMBP?

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

FireWire 400B to FireWire 800.

Like this, but from someone who ships to your country. :eek:

6. midgetsanchez macrumors regular

Thanks. Ordered one, along with a minidisplay port to hdmi. Monoprice is awesome :D

7. itsmed thread starter macrumors regular

itsmed

if i put my music on to a Flash Drive then put it on my mbp will the music sync up to my iphone. i dont want to loss any music on my iphone when syncing to itunes.