My first MacBook Pro! 17" i7 2.66 Antiglare! - but also a small error code...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JesterJJZ, Jul 28, 2010.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

So I've been a longtime Mac user. Always had the the towers though. G4, G5, now Mac Pro 1.1. Just strucj a great deal on a 17" Mackbook Pro. I do video work, go big or go home right? Well, I needed the expresscard slot so I guess it was my only option.

I must say, I LOVE the matte screen. I was nervous when reading other comments about it being not as good as glossy or blurry or whatever. F that, it's fantastic! It's like having my 23" ACD shrunk down in front of me on my lap, perfect!

I did have an issue though. Ran hardware check first thing before even booting into OSX. Quick scan was fine but advanced came back with an error.

4SNS/1/40000000:TmOP-60.125

Quick search showed it was probably a heat issue. Made sense since the underside got really got during the test.

I called Apple and they didn't seem to have that particular error code for this particular model. Suggested I boot up and see how the machine performs and run the tests again if I felt inclined to do so. This time around no issues. It was just weird, not sure what to make of it. Maybe it's because it was the first thing I ran? I did plug the AC in during the advanced test, maybe charging while in the middle of a hardware check made it hotter?

Anyway, I have more ram, Intel SSD and newmodeus optical bay adapter on the way. I'll install all that stuff and run hardware checks again.

None the less, the machine is great, very snappy! :D

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'd use the laptop under your normal uses and see if you run into any problems, if not, don't worry about it :)

3. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Yeah, I'll see what happens. If it can handle some intense renders in final cut and after effects I think it should be ok no?

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Definitely, if it can handle that then you should be fine.