my First macbook pro and i have a questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by titosh181, Jul 9, 2011.

1. titosh181, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

titosh181 macrumors newbie

first of all i sorry for the my spelling mistakes (English is not my first language)(Corrects are welcome)
    i havent yet acquired macbook pro because i undecided yet if its fit for my needs

i have lots of questions and ill be grateful for yor answers:

1.I probably will start university this year and as I said earlier i never used apple Computers befor so how its to get used to the system and how it is a good for the university ( like how well its connect to wifi , Transfer files from pc to mac, Opening Microsoft office files , Surfing the web (like if ther is web thet mac users conot use?)....)

2. i Reaed in Some sites thet the macbook pro usually heats up very quickly (I will probably use the computer a lot ...!!!!bat im not a gamer... ) so how can its fixed and (maybe if because I will probably use the computer a lot this product is't good for my needs ( what is your suggesteion \opinion) .

3. i usually watch series in magavidio and in pc u need to use adobe flash player and from Reaing in Some sites i understand thet useiog adobe flash player in macbook pro make the macbook pro to heats up very quickly What is the solution to this problem?

4. Is torrent downloads for Microsoft offic and iwork are Reliable and good ? (cause i dont have 300 $ to spand on this ....Especially when it is not supports rtl languages )

5. i Planing to buy the 15'' macbook pro so do u Think that's big enough ( cause the 17'' Seemedlike a lock)?

Thank you

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just because you can't or wont' spend the money on office does not justify stealing it.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

1. It will work fine for all of your basic tasks, although you will probably want to ask about any windows-only software that your university might use or require (if there is any).

2. It really doesn't get that hot unless you are doing something to make it hot, no different from any other laptop.

3. Flash player will make any computer (especially laptops) heat up pretty fast, so there's not really a good solution to that, although adobe has made flash player better with that recently.

4. We can't discuss that on the forum as that is illegal. Try OpenOffice or another freeware equivalent.

5. 15" would definitely be big enough, although the 13" may be better for your budget.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Re 4, many educational establishments have an educational discount for Office for Mac which is available for both students and teachers. Your university may have one, and then Office for Mac will cost quite a bit less than $300.

5. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

6. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

If you could handle a PC well, you will handle a mac just as well (unless your 55 and just don't "get" technology!).
    About wifi, I must say that the white MacBook (NOT pro) has the best wi-fi signal I've yet seen in a notebook (comparing to acer-toshiba-aluminum macbooks and some others).
    Transfering files from a pc to mac via email or flash drive is as easy as pc to pc.
    About office files, you can install OpenOffice or LibreOffice, which are both free.
    The web is a better experience than on windows, mostly thanks to the trackpad. (Install Google Chrome, it's the fastest browser out there).

Don't worry, it only heats up when gaming and maybe a little bit on videos, but that's normal.
    look at 2)

Torrents on mac works just like torrents on windows.
    Have you at all considered a 13"? As I mentioned before, the white 13" macbook has the best wi-fi signal (if you really care about that), but you should wait for the new model to come out (~1 month max).

No problem.
    Sharing is caring ;)

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I should have rephrased that; there is a version of Office for Mac which is available for students and teachers and the discount is considerable. I know, because I have it. Granted, I bought it when I bought my MBP at the licenced Apple store and not from a university or other establishment.

8. titosh181, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

titosh181 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you all!!

It really really helped me!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by titosh181
    5. i Planing to buy the 15'' macbook pro so do u Think that's big enough ( cause the 17'' Seemedlike a lock)?

Originally Posted by orfeas0
    Have you at all considered a 13"? As I mentioned before, the white 13" macbook has the best wi-fi signal (if you really care about that), but you should wait for the new model to come out (~1 month max).

(How do you do the quotes? cause the quote button does not work for me....XD)

i have but I'm looking for something really hard (Also in terms of hardware and in terms of hits) and makbook pro fit more.

also 13'' screen Seems too small for me so I guess I'll buy the 15'' makbook pro (Not because of better hardware otherwise i would buy the 17'' Those for that the 15'' screen size seems more convenient and 13'' screen size seems too small )