My first MacBook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Artmuzz, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

I got my first ever Macbook Pro delivered to me today and I love it. I love the aluminum feel to it and its seems so sleak. I haven't done any intensive work on it yet but it seems a fast machine. The specs are the new 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo with multitouch.

The girl (who I bought it from and who delivered it) gave it to me inside a lovely laptop bag (there was no box). I also got the DVI to VGA adaptor, books, Mac OSX Leopard discs and power supply (everything I would get if I bought it boxed). Its in very good condition, looks new and I got for £1000 UK Pounds. The girl even told me that I could keep the laptop bag. It still has 9 months on its warranty and I think I got a deal. I am really happy I saved £300 even though there was no box with it but still I got a laptop bag for nothing:)

Artmuzz

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congrats!
    You will love your new machine!

Don't worry about the box, they are going to be updated soon anyway

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. adversecamber macrumors regular

You'd better hope that ivtecDOu doesn't see this.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

you will love it! :D

i would buy a new one but thats just me..

5. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's true. After year I still love mine :) I think, I'm addicted.

6. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I would also recommend buying the additional apple care if there is only 9 months of warranty left....

But thats just me. :)

7. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

congratulations on your new laptop! you will love it even more once you start doing some crazy work.

8. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I love the professional build of the MacBook Pro compared to the MacBook that I also own and other notebooks.

I did a test with Reason 4 music creation software with my old iMac Core2Duo 2Ghz 4mb L2 cache, 800Mhz FSB and my new MacBook Pro Penryn 2.4Ghz Core2Duo 3mb L2 cache 800mhz FSB. I was rather sickened to see that my old iMac Core2Duo runs better than my new MacBook Pro judging by the DSP metre on Reason 4 when playing one of the demo songs.:confused: How can thise be, considering the CPU speed on my new MacBook Pro is faster. Maybe it has something to do with the 3mb L2 cache compared to my old iMac's 4mb L2 cache or maybe the 5200rpm versus 7200rpm dilemma.

Anyway, I love this wonderbook;)

Artmuzz