My first Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shivetya, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Shivetya macrumors 65816

While I never thought I would spend the money to buy one in the end I did. I have an iMac (2.16 C2D 3gb Ram, 320gb HDD, with the 7600GT 256mb). I originally was going to get a second iMac and move the old one upstairs to my exercise area / upstairs office.

However seeing that a refurb 2.4 MBP would cost me a lot less and give me the option of taking it with me I opted for this route. I figure a day or so to migrate the applications. I have a SOYO 24" upstairs on the windows PC that I will use for an external till I find something new (that 22 or 23 Dell S-IPS panel that goes for under 300 is my first - 1680x1050 should not tax the new machine).

So far it has been effortless, has 12 updates so far from Apple. Already upgraded to 4gb ram (crucial was about 60) and might go to a larger 320 or so drive running at 7200)

Any "gotta" have additional equipment? I figure a new WD external for Time Machine. I have the display port to DVI adapter. I am using one of my LogicTech mice and may get an external keyboard. Other than that the only other thing I figure on is a USB block - recommendations?

2. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

depends on your work. like any computer, it functions depending on what you need it to do and some folks need big external drives while others are fine with small bus powered 120GB drives. you don't need an additional mouse or keyboard unless you prefer to have those. personally i just use an additional mouse and use the onboard keyboard because i use the laptop with analyzing data a lot.