my first macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ROGERWILCO357, Sep 5, 2009.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

ok guys newbie question , where can I find out exactly what types of cards it will accept? Will it read A sony pro duo memory card? Or A compact flash card off my Canon,?
    thanks inadvance

2. p3ncil macrumors regular

3. ROGERWILCO357 thread starter macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

wow

are those the only cards it will read ..it won't read the compact flash card nor the pro duo cards?

4. p3ncil macrumors regular

you got me wrong.

the SD slot will only fit in this type of card.

[​IMG]

5. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

it will also fit sdhc cards.... basiccly anything that looks and is the same size as a sd card will fit in it

6. AcidX macrumors newbie

AcidX

Don't forget you can buy adapters!
    Every smaller card I've bought came with an adapter card so it can go in an SD slot.

7. tenderidol macrumors regular

tenderidol

It's an SD card slot. Hence, it will read SD, SDHC and mini/micro SD/SDHC cards with adapters. It will NOT read compact flash (they are huge) or memory stick media (gotta love SONY). Hope this helps.

8. danbt79 macrumors member

danbt79

I just really don't understand the deal with card readers. For years I've heard people berate macs for not having them built in like many PCs do. Now people say it's great that they have SD readers, but a shame it's only SD.

The thing is - I have yet to see a camera that doesn't use a regular USB camera cable. It's far less hassle to plug a damn cable in than muck about picking cards out of the camera. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills - I friggin hate card readers! Just use a cable - it's actually quicker!

9. tenderidol macrumors regular

tenderidol

I beg to differ. Have you tried connecting a DSLR to your computer? Not to mention that it will drain the battery of your camera while transferring multiple, large (i.e., RAW) pictures. I prefer moving cards around then putting cameras with USB cables, power cords, etc on my desk. It's a personal choice, though.

10. danbt79 macrumors member

danbt79

@tenderidol - I have actually! I use a Canon EOS 30D that takes compact flash. I went as far as to buy a pc-card CF reader that lived in the side of my old PowerBook G4 - and yes, I ended up using the cable - because it's easier.

When you get down to it, any camera is actually a card reader, and USB 2.0 is plenty fast.