My first MBP (Retina). What are the "Must Have" apps?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by EttVenter, Sep 22, 2012.

1. EttVenter macrumors newbie

Hey everyone.

I've been a PC user myself, but I recently ordered my first Mac - the Retina MacBook Pro. I've no idea what apps are the apps that most people install, so inform me please! :D

Any Apps, tweaks, etc, it's all welcome. I know that GeekTool is one such app I need to install.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: And I'd love USER recommendations. I'm specifically asking USERS instead of viewing "List of apps" stuff online.

2. James Craner macrumors 68000

James Craner

There is Mac Software for just about everything you can think of, what are you planning to use your rMBP for? With that info we can then recommend something specific. A lot of Apps are in the process of getting updated for Retina, so you might have to use a non optimised version until it gets updated.

3. EttVenter thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I'm a photographer, so I'll be using the machine for work. I've already ordered new copies of Photoshop and Lightroom for the machine, so those will go on.

I'll be spending a lot of time working away from home, like at coffee shops and such. That's about as much as I can tell you, I guess?