My first piece

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by evenkiehl, Jul 29, 2009.

1. evenkiehl macrumors newbie

First actual hands on edit with iMovie 09 and first time using the Canon HV 30. Handheld, as I had never used a camera with stabilization, so did not bring sticks. Big mistake.

You all have been very generous in answering my questions, so I would like to give back and share a sweet little 3 1/2 min piece which I just posted on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzFkWhi6l6E

If you feel it is good, pls help by clicking on 5 STARS, and giving a positive comment.:)
    Thank you again for all your assistance,
    Cheers
    Stuart

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Consider adding it to the thread in my sig.

Now you have mastered imovie consider the upgrade to final cut express which will allow much more creativity!

Check out some of my films and the other users for some inspiration!

3. evenkiehl thread starter macrumors newbie

iMovie not mastered yet

but, yes, am now considering Express, will have to do some research as to the differences
    due to pilot error and being new to hands on, it probably is taking me much longer than it should on iMovie, maybe put the learning curve into Express instead...?

Thanks
    Stuart

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

iMovie seriously limits creativity and there is no learning curve as there is nothing to learn!

Honestly if you can afford fce jump in as you will get much more rewarding results and as you said if you are putting time into iMovie it would be worth skipping it and putting it into fce for sure!

5. pigbat macrumors regular

Did you try using the iMovie 09 stabilization? Most of the scenes were pretty stable so I was wondering how much iMovie could have helped.

6. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

7. scottkifnw macrumors regular

scottkifnw

Liked it a lot

My 2 cents.

I liked the music, the composition, I loved the dogs. There was a "real" quality to the people/subjects, especially the lady making the tortillas. The little girl was adorable. Finally, I liked the colors/textures, especially of some of the buildings.

That said, I got out of it a lot of things. What were you the creator trying to convey? I don't the chance to ask that often.

Great job.

sek