My first post

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by arapada, Apr 22, 2010.

1. arapada macrumors newbie

just a little ranting about my new unibody. I was using the macbook 1.83 Ghz up until 2 weeks ago.

Recently bought a mid 2009 15" unibody 2.8 ghz Glossy screen

Upgraded from 4gb to 8gb mushkin ram via newegg
    Upgraded from 5400rom to 7200rpm 500gb hitachi HD

I love this setup so far and now im just waiting to get my copy of CS5 so that I can install a second 500gb 7200rpm HD using the optibay to use as my scratch disk for photoshop and minor back up.

Once I have the 2 hard drives installed im just waiting for my 500gig lacie hard drives to come in the mail so i can edit video directly from fire 800 with Final Cut Studio. OVerall im happy with the setup and how my workflow has been amazing with this computer.

Once I feel that SSD is more reliable I will probably upgrade my main drive to ssd to run only applications. So far lots of reviews about these drives have not been positively consistent and seems like its a definite hit or miss with the SSD. I have a feeling that will change in the next couple of months.

Thanks for Listening.

2. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

Nice first post mate welcome to the fold! It's always good to hear when people are happy with their purchase - and so nice to hear it's about a OMG LAST GEN MBP! :D Still such nice machines that just run and last. I have a couple different MBP and my go-to work/play horse is still my pre unibody MBP from early 2008! Enjoy and keep us in the loop.