My first problem with iTunes ever. Need a little help please.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by =MuLti-CeLL=, Jan 16, 2009.

1. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

So I used an iTunes gift card yesterday for the first, it was 15 bucks.

I used it and then proceeded to download prolly 5 more songs, ok ok, maybe 10 more songs more like it.:D

Anyways.

I get home from work today and fire it up as usual (itunes that is) ;), and see a iphone app I want to download for .99 cents.

I click "buy"....as usual.

Then this message pops up.

"Store Credit Unavailable

Due to a problem with the iTunes Store, your store credit balance is temporarily unavailable for use in purchasing music; you may continue purchasing using a different method of payment."

Ooooo k.

So I click the 'ok' button and the message box dissapears. I try to 'buy' once again and again and the same message pops up everytime.

So first off, why is there something different going on than usual. And second, when I click the 'Ok' button, ya know, CONFIRMING I'VE READ THE MESSAGE....crystal clear, where are my options to choose said "DIFFERENT" method of payment?

Ya know, like:rolleyes:, maybe the one I've been using non-stop for the past 2 YEARS!

Oh well, I'm sure it's just a minor inconvienience and one of you geniuses here will have the answer for me.

Please post and guide me.

Thank you.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

How long did you wait in between?

Their system for handling gift card purchases might not be working at the time. I'd give it shot in a little while.

3. =MuLti-CeLL= thread starter macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

I'd say my last download was yesterday about 7:30pm.

The thing I dont' understand is how I could download them afterwards once my 15 bucks had been depleted. I mean, I understand that THOSE afterwards were charged to my credit card as usual and now I get home today and all of a sudden can't download an app.

Doesn't make much sense. Even if my gift card hasn't went through the system yet I should still be able to download to my hearts content on my credit you see?

I'll be patient until tonight and then try again. Just a little hiccup that will probably work its way out.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

So, you downloaded those 15 on your credit card, not the gift card?

5. =MuLti-CeLL= thread starter macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

No, it was from the gift card.

Here are the step I took in order.

Open iTunes, Click Redeem, Scratch off code on back of gift card, enter code, message pops up saying I have $15 credit from my gift card, $15 is shown in the upper right corner next to my email, I begin downloading and watching the $15 disinigrate with each .99 (+tax) purchase until the last of it is gone and the credit bar disappears, decide I want a few (or 10) more songs, continue to buy songs assuming now that the purchases are being charged to my credit card as usual, get home today and try to buy a .99 iphone app and am welcomed with the previously mentioned message and can not figure out how to download or to change my 'buying method'.

The end.

So, yea, I don't get it. :confused:

6. dkirlew macrumors member

I get the same Store Credit Unavailable problem BUT I haven't used any gift cards or store credit since around New Years. I've been using my Paypal account recently to pay for stuff on iTunes and just today I get that same Store Credit Unavailable message.

Never mind tried it again and the problem went away. If the problem continues I would email itunes and inform them.

7. chatoyer macrumors regular

It's been happening for me for the past few hours (just a regular purchase from the app store), but I quit and re-started iTunes and that solved the problem.

8. =MuLti-CeLL= thread starter macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

That worked!

Thank you all for your replies and help! Now back to blowing $$$ I don't have! YAY!

:D