My first proper video.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by TheEpicFilmCo, Feb 21, 2009.

1. TheEpicFilmCo macrumors regular

I've just finished making my first proper short film and have uploaded it to YouTube.
    Please watch it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYx1OvioWY
    and tell me what you think and how it could be improved. I am thinking about using the video as an intro to a longer film so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Danny.

2. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Not bad. LOVE that it's short. I think you could have cut the middle sequences shorter, and done the WHOLE thing at night to add some feeling to it.

Nice plot and execution (no pun intended).

3. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

great video man, i really liked it

question tho, did you try and slow it down when you edited it? because it seams like theres some parts that get really blurry and noisy. like when he rubs his chin at 0:17 it gets really distorted

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Bravo! Well done. The lighting was pretty good. What did you film this with?

Cheers.

5. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

6. TheEpicFilmCo thread starter macrumors regular

I filmed with a Canon HF100 and I only slowed down the part where he gets shot. I really don't know why it goes like that when he itches his chin though. Maybe it was something to do with the stabilization in iMovie 09' that made it like that. As to shooting it in the dark, after seeing it on YouTube I now wish that I had played with the colour effects in iMovie a bit more to make it look a bit more like a film and darker.
    And as to the last comment: Bahahahaha. I'm going to show him that video!

7. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Yeah, the stabilization in iMovie will crop the video a bit to make it stable, and it will add a lot of processing to the image to make it smoother since iMovie is basically just moving the video counter to the shaking that is going on.

8. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

:D:D