my first proposal submission

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phadam, Mar 7, 2011.

1. phadam macrumors regular

I'm writing my first proposal this week for a local project. I feel pretty confident in the material and content that I will be including for the most part. I am a little unsure on one of the deliverables being requested for the project, which is asking for "stationary print materials" ie. business cards, envelopes, and letterhead. My question is, are they requesting that stationary materials be turned in already printed? or are they looking for artwork in appropriate file formats ready for print? If they are looking for final printed material how would I be able to quote them on an estimated total cost for printing if I am unsure on what the final artwork will be and quantity needed for printing?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Nothing beats open communication. Ask them to explicitly state what their expectations are..

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Why don't you just ask them? "He who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes. He who does not is a fool forever"

I think there's an echo in here.

4. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

The easiest thing would be to just ask, as the others have mentioned.

If you want to hedge your bets, or you think you are going to be doing this a lot in the future, why not just come up with a unit price for printing the items based on cost at your favorite printer? It can even have a sliding scale for volume discounts, or a matrix for a combination of quantity discounts and complexity costs (additional colors etc). Unless you specifically have to give them a total dollar figure, you can let them do the math, and they can even see what the different costs would be for various options.