My First Spring Break in South Padre!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by br.avery, Feb 1, 2009.

1. br.avery macrumors regular

I just turned 18 on Jan 14th, I'm a senior in high school and some friends and I are planning a trip to South Padre on Spring Break. We're planning on flying over there (even though we all live in Dallas) I'm so excited and this will be the first time I'm doing anything exciting for Spring Break. Do you have any advice/tips and any experiences from South Padre during Spring Break?

I even made a check list--

swimsuits
    gym shorts
    flip flops
    crocs
    sunblock
    off spray
    digital camera
    sunglasses
    beach towels
    blankets/pillows
    nightlife clothes
    toiletry
    first aid kit
    gps
    ipod
    benadryll
    condoms
    phone/wallet/keys

anything you want to add?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

- fake ID.

Speaking of sillly age limits, you should have travelled to Mexico! It's close to Texas, isn't it?

Also, bring a hat.

3. The3nd macrumors regular

asprin for ur hangover and alot of patients, I lived in brownsville about 30 from SP and traffic on the causway is crazy.

AND BEADS!!!!

4. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

why under age kids go to Spring break is beyond me. Sure your 18, but you cant drink, and if you do drink you will most likely be caught! SPI is a fun place, but it gets a little crazy around spring break, and I Would much rather spend my break in corpus or something. I never did the whole spring break thing, but I will be in sunny ssan Diego for spring break this year!!

5. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

It's a nice place; Some of the greatest waves in Texas. (Which isn't saying much, but still.) Bring a board or something.

6. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

yah the surf is good down there, but we here in texas have our great surf days. Winter is where its at for surf in texas!

7. The3nd macrumors regular

Or when theres a hurricane in the gulf.

8. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

I used to live in that area... let me tell you man.. please if you are under 21 do NOT drink... that Island and the cities surrounding the island are crawling with cops around that time and I can almost promise you that you WILL get caught, especially in Port Isabel... You shouldn't drink if your are under 21 anyway.. Just warning you.. Have fun though, its pretty...:apple:

9. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

This is very true, if you do drink, drink moderately and only drink in your hotel room!!!!!!

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Eh, it's a five hour drive from San Antonio or so, and Winter just isn't worth it. :p

11. Jcole20 macrumors newbie

I Know where to get a good deal on rooms

my friend works at a hotel on padre. it is brand new, and they still have rooms available for spring break. i put some pictures of it on here, the code to get the deal is SB09. the number is 956-761-7711, if you want the discount use the SB09 code when you call.;)

Attached Files: