My first try on experience with the Watch Edition!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by StarButt, Apr 15, 2015.

1. StarButt macrumors newbie

I just took few photos with my phone, not as appealing as in the ads, but anyway worth trying a USD17,000 (HKD1298000) watch on my hand.
    It feels sturdy and quite heavy when not putting on!

I think men can carry these two easily, especially the red one!

38mm 18-Karat Yellow Gold Case with Bright Red Modern Buckle
    38mm 18-Karat Rose Gold Case with Rose Gray Modern Buckle

I won't buy it anyway. I just pre-ordered 42mm  Watch Sport Space Grey and probably get a milanese loop as well later!

Anyone tried these on?

Attached Files:

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Thanks for posting. Not that attractive, imo - I actually think the ss looks nicer, and not just dollar for dollar.

3. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

As a piece of jewelry it really has no aesthetic value to warrant the price.

4. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I agree that it just doesn't seem to warrant the price tag. I was telling my wife the other day that if I had the choice between the gold and stainless (assuming I couldn't sell either one) I would totally pick the stainless. Just more attractive, in my opinion. That said, Karl Lagerfeld's model with the gold link bracelet is pretty nice looking...

5. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

Both SS and sport look better IMO. Not my thing at all.

6. joeptp macrumors member

It's just for the people with too much money and want to show off that they have the gold Apple Watch. It doesn't target the watch connoisseur nor will they spend that kind of money on this watch. They would rather put that toward watches you find here http://www.watchville.com/

7. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Surely I can not afford it, but just because of that, I can't say the Sport one looks better, or even SS. I bought the Sport SG, but ge.... I can not be serious if I said it looks better then the edition.

That said, I still think the edition is highly overpriced.

8. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

I'm a fan of the :apple: Watch Edition, because it marks for the first time that :apple: is selling gold :eek: (I can't be the only person blown away by this, lol maybe I am) anyways...

Agreed! Maybe thats why it looks so much better in SS.

The :apple: Watch Edition looks good in person, but the SS looks better IMO.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

If I didn't know the price, I'd never thought it cost that much. They look nice in person, though.

10. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

They do pop more in person but side by side with the SS they just don't even come close to me, the SS just looks clean where this look like an after thought to make a gold one for rich people.

11. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I tried on the Edition models tonight, too. They're far more attractive in person than in photos. Biggest surprise for me is that I really liked the yellow gold with red modern buckle. I don't even like yellow gold. That combo pops, though.

And my hands seriously needed lotion. It was also freezing in that store.

Attached Files:

12. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The rose gold is far more attractive in person. The pic I took wearing it was about as blah as your pics. In person is nice. Not 17k nice (to me). But, nice. I liked the rose gold w/white sport band. It was comfy.

13. zacheryjensen, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

These don't have any real appeal to me, but, damn... that special version given to Karl Lagerfeld? I don't know exactly why, as I'm typically not a yellow gold fan, but, I love it so much and would wear the hell out of it (as though I could even dream of affording such a frivolous and expensive thing) all the time. Also, if I got one, I'd immediately hire a manservant in a bowler hat, as one does.

14. shenfrey macrumors 68000

My first try on experience with the Watch Edition!

Looks alright I guess

15. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

"My precious!" ;)

16. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I wish they'd make a rose gold with matching Milanese loop. I'd wear that bad boy everywhere. And hire a lady in waiting.

----------

That butterfly screen saver shot was totally planned. ;)

17. Treble macrumors 6502

Treble

18. h9826790, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Just try that with my wife as well. The 38mm rose gold looks and feels really good. It's much much better than the normal SS version. A very elegant watch for ladies.

However, IMO, for men, the 42mm Black SS is a better choice.

19. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Some combinations of the Edition look quite nice. If Apple could replicate the look with other materials (or cut the mark up on these), they'd sell a fair few I reckon.

That being said, that is quite obviously not the point of an Edition :p