My first week with the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cas85, Sep 25, 2010.

1. cas85 macrumors regular

I ditched my iPhone earlier in the year just b/c i didn't feel justified in paying the $30 data plan that i rarely used b/c i'm either at home, or at the university. Both of these places have wifi that i already pay for. So i got a cheap phone and saved $45 a month on the phone bill.

Fast forward about 8 months. I miss an iOS device badly. I have an iPod shuffle to run with and a new Macbook pro, but i missed the touch screen interface and apps.

I thought about waiting for iPad 2.0, but I've learned with technology if you wait around for the newest, all you'll do is wait. I made sure current iteration has everything I want, and pulled the trigger. I see people talking about the 4.2 update, but I still can't get over how slick it is right now.

The bulk of use this week has been with Penultimate, the targus stylus, and doing dozens of physics and Diff Eq problems on it. It's perfect for being able to draw large diagrams, or work through long equations b/c you can erase your mistake where ever it is and start again. Plus, the convenient web browsing, form factor, and several other apps (ie Netflix so my g/f can watch "Say yes to the dress" w/o me, thank God). It really is a beautiful "media consumption device".

To summarize, if you authored one of the dozens of threads titled "Should i wait for iPad 2.0", my answer to you is NO. Unless your are dying for a camera, but i personally have no use for it. To each his own though.

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Good thoughts!
    I agree!

3. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Cheers cas85,

While I absolutely abhor these type of threads, I have to say yours is spot on. Great post and informative. If you have a Nokia phone, you can check out: www.joikuspot.com and install this on your phone. It creates a hotspot that your iPad can connect to. I use it in the times when I need to be connected to a hotspot. Again, great post.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

I'm holding out for camera and better screen resolution but must admit my patience is wearing thinner and thinner.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You can always buy now, use it, and sell when the new ones hit the market
    You will be able to recoup much of your investment, and have the use of the iPad for a good while

6. CharlesR macrumors newbie

I posted on of those recent "Buy now or wait?" threads. :eek:

My new iPad arrives by FedEx tomorrow! :D

7. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

You're gonna love it. I have had mine for almost a month now and I can't believe I waited that long to get one. It really is a magical device that changes everything. I highly recommend the flipboard app, asphalt 5 hd, and angry birds hd. Also love we rule for iPad if you're into the sim games.

8. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I've been also disappointed originally that it didn't have camera, but I've been using the iPad for so many things. It is not nearly as big of a deal as I initially thought. But...I will upgrade once the 2nd get is out. :)