My first Wii game in almost a year.

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by JackAxe, Feb 12, 2009.

1. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I stopped by Circuit City and bought Mushroom Men: Spore Wars brand new for only $30. So that's like 2 euros. :)

The last game I bought before this was Harvey Birdman. I would gladly buy more games, if 3rd party developers actually treated this console with respect and stopped puking their low-grade PS2 vomit onto it. *DIE UBISOFT DIE!!! MAY YOU GO THE WAY OF INTERPLAY!!! }=( *

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No just 3rd party's. It's about time Nintendo actually addressed the 'games players' that have supported them for the last 20 years and released NEW games onto the system.

When the release schedule is full of Wii Play Control conversions rather than new titles - it's like Nintendo continue to stick two fingers up to us.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I hope they get themselves sorted out. Nintendo has an army of awesome internal devs, a shame thats not matched with constantly awesome output.

It's coo for me though. The only 2 (non-handheld) games I've played this year have been TF2 and L4D on PC :eek: and I'm kinda used to the long standing handheld release schedule of long periods of nothing.

4. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Nintendo already stated that a new Zelda is in the works. Look at how long it took TP to get out the door. Even if they hadn't released it for the Wii, it would have still been a late 2005 Cube title. I'm guessing 2010 before we see a real Zelda for the Wii.

Also consider the games that Nintendo has already released on the Wii. I have 8 games from Nintendo and its first party developers, all of which I rate from good to excellent, some of which are AAA tittles. They are all the types of games I expect from Nintendo, so even with last fall being crap, I can't say that they've neglected their long time gamers.

I think that most of the entire 3rd party industry has swallowed a stupid pill when it comes to the Wii. They all want to emulate Nintendo's success, but none of them want to put in any effort to do so, let alone know the difference between family friendly and kid friendly, or the difference between quality and shovelware. These same devs also completely ignore any evidence of core games selling on the Wii and assume it's a fluke, because why would a core gamer buy a Nintendo console.... And many of these developers are OK with making their game for the DS, but not for the Wii. Go figure... I honestly don't get it.

And on the play controls, wouldn't you want an updated Zelda: Wind Waker with 1:1 controls added, or even widescreen support? I do! :)

5. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Quality games take time. :) I bought games like Castlevania and Hotel Dusk for my DS, even more of those Phoenix games, but I have yet to get to them seriously.

I also have 4 unfinished PC games, 3 of which are worth their play time, the other one is from Epic. :eek:

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

World of Goo was my last game.

We need Pikmin 3!

I might get MadWorld and likely The Conduit

Hopefully some promising things coming!

7. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I still haven't picked up the WoG, I've been drowning in games.

I'll be honest, the videos of Mad World give me eyestrain and that worries me, but because of Okami, I'm buying it regardless. I'm buying Conduit for obvious reasons and 1:1 support, but I figure worse case scenario it will be cheese. :eek: MoH2 is cheese, but it's still fun.

I'm looking forward to 1:1 support on new Wii games. It would have certainly helped out in games like Prime 3 when pulling the legs off those dam Metroids, or just bouncing as a morph ball.

8. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

So was it worth it? The last game I bought for Wii was World of Goo (those poor bankrupt devs) and before that..... Mario Kart Wii? That's a while since the last non-download game, and it was kind of disappointing anyway. And it was about 6 month before that that I got Super Mario Galaxy I think.

Madworld and The Conduit look promising, but I'm getting angry at the crappy ports of old games with waggle controls tacked on for no reason (I just saw a review of "Rygar" which is an OLD PS2 game that they re-released and did a terrible job). Now on the other hand if Nintendo brings over the Wii ports of Metroid Prime 1 and 2, I'll buy em!

We need a new F-Zero game too...

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So we need proper versions (not GC ports with wii wiggle) of

F-Zero
    Pilot Wings
    Zelda
    Pikmin 3
    Mario Power Tennis
    Mario Golf
    Wave Race
    ChicoRobo
    Donkey Kong
    GiftPia
    Luigi's Mansion
    Starfox
    Pokemon RPG
    Kid Icarus

10. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

@apfhex,

I actually haven't got to it yet. I have to finish up my current project or else the woman will get on my case... :eek:

-- :

There's only a few ports I'd buy, but they would have to be discounted over the originals. I would like to play Metroid Prime with a Wiimote, but I wouldn't spend more than $20 on it.

I'd rather Nintendo focus on newer games, but at least I know if I buy one of their reworked games, that the revenue will go back into the Wii and not to fund a game on a different console.

And why does it always have to be wiggle? I like the camera the best. :)

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

That be wonderful!

If the Wii lasts to 2012(as Nintendo main console), that be 5 great Nintendo games per year! Oh, and get Project Hammer out, and fix up D: DoC for NA!

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I might get The Conduit, dunno yet. Looks good but 1) it's a console FPS. So no mods, no free DLC, online will likely not be great (though it does sound it on paper).

I'm more into games specifically made for these consoles, tis why I like fighters on consoles and FPS on PC. Which is why I'd love F-Zero Wx :D

13. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

If I had to only live with one platform for FPSs, it would be the PC, but I'm glad I don't, because the Wii adds that layer for fun.

At least buy the Conduit for the 1:1 support. :) Maybe you'll have to manually put the clip into the gun to reload it. :eek: I would also like it if I could position the gun at a different angles, so as I can shot someone around a corner. OR, at least the option to use the 1:1 to crouch and lean at varying degrees.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm going to get House of the Dead this week for the wii.....it seems really cool like a grindhouse movie(this game contains more F bombs than I ever heard in a game)

I want the Capcom Vs Tutsunoko game so bad....I was watching someone play it last night and its awesome.

Bless

15. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Yeah, that game looks fun. It's on my want list, but behind a few other games. I don't know if it's a special version, but I saw the one with 2 plastic gun shells the other week and that's the one I'd buy.

Almost forgot. I ALSO WANT CvsT!!! Dammit Capcom, make it happen!!! :eek:

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Waaaait. The guys who made Eagle Riders (or whatever it was called) vs Capcom? DO WANT.

This had better come out in Europe.

17. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

F-Zero and Starfox.

It amazes me how Nintendo can seemingly ignore two of their top five franchises.

My wife loves Rayman, so we bought the latest release with some Christmas gift cards. I have to say, it was pretty lame. It was fun, but extremely short. Thankfully it was only $30. Shortly thereafter I picked up my first guitar hero game, but aside from that my last game purchase was Mario Galaxy last Fall.

It's sad. I would LOVE to give Nintendo more of my hard-earned money, even in this down economy... but there's just nothing out there worth buying.

18. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It would have thought that F-Zero would be out by now, but maybe both will be 1:1 games, which for the racer I don't see much benefit.

I won't buy UbiSoft for any platform. It's obvious that they are no longer trying on the Wii, if they ever have in the first place. They've put their foot in their mouth quite a few times over the past few years.

Anyways, a few good ones coming shortly from Sega, or at least of good production value. So hopefully that conveys in gameplay also. I'm going to buy Capcom's latest Wii game, but it's not on the top of my list.