My First YouTube Video

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
UK
I've just uploaded a tutorial video in the form of a screencast on how to create text with an outline using Photoshop.

I'm just looking for some constructive criticism. It is difficult to cram a whole screen of information into a 320 x 240 video!

Thanks,

MadDoc

Locker

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
Staffordshire, UK
A very good tutorial - clear, professional and well paced. What app did you make it with?

I can't help but feel it's a little long winded just for outlining text though, I would have just done "Add Layer Style > Stroke"?

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
UK
Thanks for the positive feedback guys :)

I used SnapzProX to capture the screen and mousepose for the keystroke and mouse effects.

I'm making another one on reflective text at the moment.

MadDoc,

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
A very good tutorial - clear, professional and well paced. What app did you make it with?

I can't help but feel it's a little long winded just for outlining text though, I would have just done "Add Layer Style > Stroke"?
It was a great tutorial. Your voice was very clear and easy to listen to, and the quality of the video was really good. However, I have to ask why you just can't create new text, then select that layer, and choose Layer Style > Stroke, like Locker said above me...

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Hehe, well done! (and you speak so properly!)

I'd have just used "stroke" but I think your technique can be quite handy in several situations. :)

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
UK
@iBlue, psycoswimmer, locker:

Ooops. I guess we can all learn something :)

I had never really thought I had a proper English accent (I quite like the thought!).

I'm relatively new to Photoshop and am mainly self-taught. I don't like a lot of the written tutorials and the video ones are generally not clear so I have decided to help others by creating my own.

I hope people find them useful :)

MadDoc,

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
You posh bugger, whot. Nothing "Ooharr, I'm frarm Deeeven" about you, is there? :D

I don't have/need Photoshop (not posh enough to afford it anyway :D) but that's a far better tutorial you put together than most I've seen on there (arse-poor quality backed by nasal American twangs, no offence). Keep up the good work.

...removing the plum first. :D

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
UK
You posh bugger, whot. Nothing "Ooharr, I'm frarm Deeeven" about you, is there? :D

I don't have/need Photoshop (not posh enough to afford it anyway :D) but that's a far better tutorial you put together than most I've seen on there (arse-poor quality backed by nasal American twangs, no offence). Keep up the good work.

...removing the plum first. :D
lol. I work in the emergency department so I've gotten pretty good at translating our farmer friends though ;). Many thanks for the kind words. I'm still trying to put together my next tutorial (but am emigrating to Australia so the other half is moaning about the time I'm spending in front of iMovie. Woman eh?)

I heard at least one 'boom' in there
lol. What can I say - too much American TV (or maybe Apple keynotes).