My First YouTube Video

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MadDoc, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MadDoc macrumors 6502

MadDoc

I've just uploaded a tutorial video in the form of a screencast on how to create text with an outline using Photoshop.

I'm just looking for some constructive criticism. It is difficult to cram a whole screen of information into a 320 x 240 video!

Thanks,

MadDoc

2. Locker macrumors 6502

A very good tutorial - clear, professional and well paced. What app did you make it with?

I can't help but feel it's a little long winded just for outlining text though, I would have just done "Add Layer Style > Stroke"?

3. Hustle macrumors 6502a

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Really not bad at all. Now I'm off to make a website.

5. MadDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

MadDoc

Thanks for the positive feedback guys :)

I used SnapzProX to capture the screen and mousepose for the keystroke and mouse effects.

I'm making another one on reflective text at the moment.

MadDoc,

6. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

7. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

It was a great tutorial. Your voice was very clear and easy to listen to, and the quality of the video was really good. However, I have to ask why you just can't create new text, then select that layer, and choose Layer Style > Stroke, like Locker said above me...

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Hehe, well done! (and you speak so properly!)

I'd have just used "stroke" but I think your technique can be quite handy in several situations. :)

9. MadDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

MadDoc

@iBlue, psycoswimmer, locker:

Ooops. I guess we can all learn something :)

I had never really thought I had a proper English accent (I quite like the thought!).

I'm relatively new to Photoshop and am mainly self-taught. I don't like a lot of the written tutorials and the video ones are generally not clear so I have decided to help others by creating my own.

I hope people find them useful :)

MadDoc,

10. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

You posh bugger, whot. Nothing "Ooharr, I'm frarm Deeeven" about you, is there? :D

I don't have/need Photoshop (not posh enough to afford it anyway :D) but that's a far better tutorial you put together than most I've seen on there (arse-poor quality backed by nasal American twangs, no offence). Keep up the good work.

...removing the plum first. :D

11. MadDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

MadDoc

lol. I work in the emergency department so I've gotten pretty good at translating our farmer friends though ;). Many thanks for the kind words. I'm still trying to put together my next tutorial (but am emigrating to Australia so the other half is moaning about the time I'm spending in front of iMovie. Woman eh?)

lol. What can I say - too much American TV (or maybe Apple keynotes).