My foof pod arived today!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 103734, Jul 26, 2008.

1. 103734 Guest

Just came in the mail a few mins ago, here are some pictures. sorry about the weird dof, I really didn't feel like digging through my camera bag for my normal lens so I took the pictures with a macro lens.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jmckechnie macrumors member

jmckechnie

Looks pretty good. Are you a guy or a woman? i want one but I'm not sure how guys would look carrying one around. Any reason why you went with the Foof bag over a leather sena case?

3. ASN21 macrumors member

how many women do you know named steve?

4. aphexii macrumors 6502

Looks nice! Same fabric I was contemplating.

Curious how you like it?
    How easily does the iphone slide in and out?
    Worth the money?

I've been debating between a Foof or that new Boomwave Kruz case, totally different genres, but I like em both.

5. 103734 thread starter Guest

Yea im a guy, and for those asking how I like it, I think its great but then agian I used a iPod sock the whole time I had this iPhone and the first gen, I only wanted something to protect from my keys and change in my pocket.

If your worried how it looks you can reach in your pocket and take it out of the pouch in your pocket, unless your wearing tight pants which if you where then this isnt going to make you look any more girly.

Also the fit is pretty tight right now but i can imagine it getting looser after I use it for a while.

6. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Nice pictures. I'm loving mine too :)

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Looks good. :) I'm still using socks for now, but I'm contemplating the foof pod. Thanks for the pics.

8. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Really nice!!!! If i'm not happy with what i ordered, i'm going to get this.

9. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

What did you order?

10. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

11. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

only one but man is she fugly:D

12. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Well, they do not look as good as the Foofpods.. And not as padded. The foof has a satin inner, which, on the pictures you've linked too, seems not to have.. But its a really nice price! :), though I'm not hooked on their desings

13. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I'm concerned about the padding/inside. I've been using a Fabrix case that was made for the Touch. I'm still without one mark on the back of the phone. I just hope the iSockit will be good. Or will it be a "case" of you get what you pay for.

I'll post when i receive it.

14. Tosser macrumors 68030

I bought the same one from Foof a few years ago, only in red. I also bought a matching one for my MBP. I don't have any iPods anymore, but I kept the Foof because I really like it, hoping I will find another use for it at some point.

I like how simple yet "effective" these things are.

15. 103734 thread starter Guest

That is a pretty cool case, I might have considered that if I knew about it before I got my foof pod, it looks alot more snug and not as bluky.

Oh well im happy with my foof pod :p

16. aphexii macrumors 6502

That's the same style I just bought; http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=9694136

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

For $12 shipped, it was worth a look.

17. enklined macrumors 6502

Where can I get me a foofpod at a decent price? $20 + $10 shipping isn't going to cut it :( (on their site).

I really dig the foofpod tho. I might look into the iSockit as well - the pricepoint fits me. (Why does that etsy site have different isockits then www.isockits.com ?)

Bleh, I really like this foofpod, but think it might be a bit fem...
    [​IMG]

18. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Why is the shipping 10$? I paid 26 incl postage to Denmark

Th iSockit seems not as bulky as the Foof, which means it'll be less protective. I'd go for a Foofpod. And 26$ isnt much in my opinion.

If requested I could also upload some pics of my foofpod?

19. enklined macrumors 6502

Yes, please upload pics of your foofpod. I just picked up the Ninja isockit it for $12 shipped, so we'll see how it works out. If I don't like it, I'll offload it to my girl or something and pick up a foofpod.

Pics, pics!

Edit:: You're right, it's $26.

20. iBookfan macrumors 6502

iBookfan

Okay, I'll upload some pics tomorrow... I'm going to bed now, but first thing in the morning :)

21. aphexii macrumors 6502

So my Ninja iSockIT arrived yesterday, not 100% sold that I like it yet, but i'll give it a few days to grow on me.

The polyester fabric is quite a bit stiffer than I imagined, not hard enough to scratch the phone or anything, but it doesn't exactly feel soft per say. I suppose all the polyester i've felt in the past was a polyester/cotton weave, which tends to be softer than this, which feels kinda stiff.

Fit is ok, and its snug enough to hold in there, but not too tight. The whole phone is covered, but because of the way its stitched with the seem on the inside, the stitching kinda pulls the case a little to one side or the other (it doesn't slide in 100% straight - kinda hard to describe)

Its definitely got some padding in there between the fabric, which is nice as the normal iPod sock doesn't. Though its not nearly as padded as the foof (maybe a good thing, as the foof seems difficult to pull the phone in and out and thats def. not a problem with this one).

I would expect this case to protect the iPhone against some light drops, but nothing major as its fairly thin. I think its better suited to protecting the phone against crap in your pocket, which is primarily why I bought it.

So anyway, I like it, just not sure if I would recommend it for all. For $12 though, I would say its probably worth it. My only wish was that it was a bit softer.

22. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I think you made the right choice with the foofpod. I received my case from the Etsy seller and i'm not happy with it at all. It is very thin. I feel it won't protect my phone much. They told me i could send it back for more padding though.
    I'm going to order a foofpod.

23. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

So you're feeling disappointed as i am. You're right about the stitching and how it shifts a bit. I may just order the foofpod. I just hope it doesn't take weeks to deliver. I contacted the seller and she said i could return it. Just an FYI. She also said she could add more padding. I'm still not sold even with more padding.

24. Meyvn macrumors 6502