My Friend Tore The Battery From Her iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by taulidpiaf, Mar 28, 2014.

1. taulidpiaf macrumors newbie

She says it still works when a different battery is substituted, but can anyone tell me what might be wrong with it from the pics? That ribbon is tore a little but I don't know what it's for. Any ideas?
    [​IMG][/url]
    greenshot[/IMG]
    [​IMG][/url]
    image hosting gif[/IMG]

2. tinktink09is macrumors newbie

My Friend Tore The Battery From Her Iphone 4

What was the phone doing that caused her to go inside the hardware, and remove the battery? The Genius Bar would've done that for her the correct way. There aren't enough details here to assess the situation.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Was she angry at the iPhone? Did it wrong her?

4. taulidpiaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, I don't know. But that little brown ribbon is tore a little bit. Since nobody knows what it's for I'll just leave it as is. Thanks :apple:

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Sorry but I'm not seeing the tear. Might just be because I'm viewing on my iPhone, but do you have another pic focusing on the tear. I can tell this is a Verizon/Sprint (CDMA) iPhone 4.

The flex cables at the top (right side of photos) are your headphone jack/volume cables (green/brown and black) and the earpiece (curvy brown one). The black flex that's parallel to the top is for the front facing cam. I hope this helps. Sent from my iPhone 5.

6. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Mad at phone= pay to get it fixed the right way. Lesson learned. :D

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yup. Lesson learned for hopefully everyone.