My Future Plan, Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tumeg101, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

A few weeks ago I finally decided to buy a mac, after using PC's my whole life.
    After a few days\weeks of debating between the MacBook 2.16ghz(Mid-End), and the MacBook Pro 2.2ghz (Low End), I finally made my decision!
    I am going to wait until refurbished MacBook Pro's start to sell, with Leopard and iLife '07 on them, then I will buy my Refurbished MacBook Pro, 2.2ghz, 120gb HD, 2gb Ram (Unless they update any of this between now and then)

I would like to know if I made the right decision (even though I have a few months to make it final)
    With the MacBook Pro I will run Windows XP Pro (My dad can get all Window's OS' for free) I will be using BootCamp\Windows for: Counter Strike, Guild Wars, Call of Duty 2, Halo, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8, and for Microsoft Office(School). And on the Mac side, I will be using: Safari, iLife to the MAX, iTunes ALOT, and I will be ripping allot of DVD's onto my macbook, along with burning lots of DVD's (I will be making allot of movies and sideshows).
    I also plan to buy a refurbished, 20" Apple Cinema Display sometime in possibly the far future. (lol)

I am just posting this to get my thoughts straightened out, and to see if I made the right decision, this Pro will be replacing my desktop, and will be my first mac.
    So yeah, everything I am going to buy will be refurbished, I don't see the point in buying brand new, except to spend more :p

2. mcmillan macrumors 6502

Well, Leopard comes out in October, and that exact refurbished MBP may not be available by then. In fact, sometimes there are not refurbished MBP in stock at all.

3. Tumeg101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I know, I am not in a hurry, + I may HAVE to wait a while, to get the rest of the money needed (like, $600-$700 :()
    and a few people have told me that when leopard is released they will load it on all refurbished macs, so if there is a macbook pro, in the refurbished shop, hasn't been sold yet, then leopard is released, they will load leopard onto the mac...

4. Tumeg101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I just found a few games in a lost CD case, so the games I am going to be playing over bootcamp = Guild Wars, Call of Duty 2, Halo, and Counter Strike : Source
    And I am starting to think that all of these games might be a little much, does anybody think that having all these games on bootcamp\windows XP, would slow down my pro at all??

5. Tumeg101 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

Sorry for posting 3 times in a row, but I have a few questions...

I am thinking about getting a small, and cheap external HD, I am planning to put all my music, pictures, and movies on it, but I would like to know, if I can put my music on there (not just copys, the point is to save space on the internal HD) could I still listen to it in iTunes??