My G4 Freeze one time at day!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eriX, Sep 9, 2007.

1. eriX macrumors member

Hi!

I have a problem with my Power PC G4 dual 2Gb RAM Barracuda 320 Gb HD runing Tiger 10.4.10

It Freeze one time at day when i was browsing the web or using any application then i restart and my mac works fine no more freezes, I`ve tried Zap PRAM, verify and repair volumes and Apple Hardware Test CD All tests passed. Please Need Help with this. Thanks...

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are you saying it freezes at the same time each day? What apps are you using at the time? :)

3. eriX thread starter macrumors member

Not at the same time, one time every day just one time and then when i reset it works fine. I am confused

4. eriX thread starter macrumors member

I need help please I am so tired to reboot my mac every day I tried everything except resintalling the OS I have tiger 10.4.10 The question is what kind of sowftare or hardware can cause this. Please Help :(

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Well, it really could be anything at this stage... Try booting into Safe Mode by holding SHIFT at startup. Does it freeze when running from Safe Mode? :)

6. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

I've had some trouble on a G4 also. One was that Safari 3 would sometimes lock up and stay stuck in the dock until I restarted.

Another was related to a large music library in iTunes, which kept eating swap-space, until it filled the hard-drive and froze my Mac. Are you perhaps suffering from lack of disk-space?

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Safari 3 is still a beta so you can't really complain too much about it freezing... However the disk space thing could be an issue. Make sure you keep about 8GB of free space available on the boot drive at all times, if possible. :)

8. eriX thread starter macrumors member

I don´t use safari and i have 72 GB Free Space :( I have a Barracuda 320 GB in 3 diferent partitions First one is for OS.

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, I was referring to Vinnie_vw's post. eriX, did you try Safe Mode? Is the 72GB of free space on your boot partition or on the drive as a whole? :)

10. eriX thread starter macrumors member

72 GB Free in partition for OS but i have more than that for another ones.
    cheers!

11. eriX thread starter macrumors member

I hate Macs Now, I can´t work. My old and slow PC was more stable baaah!

12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Keep your pants on. Did you try booting into Safe Mode by holding SHIFT at startup? That's often a good way of seeing if the problem might be software-based.

13. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

I agree with mad jew try safe mode first, Then complain. Also what apps are you running at the time of the freeze.

by answering these simple questions we try to locate and help you out if not direct you to the right source.

:apple: