My G4 is Unnerving Me

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sawtooth811, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Earlier today, my Sawtooth was running Leopard just fine, but after I used the X.5 version of Onyx, a maintenance utility, my Sawtooth was acting much slower in Unreal Tournament, Rally Shift, Safari, Firefox, and iTunes. The spinning wheel kept popping up for Safari, Firefox, and iTunes every time I do something. I restarted the computer, and the problem was fixed for Unreal Tournament and Rally Shift. Safari still persists the problem occasionally, iTunes is NO different, and Firefox has not been tested yet. I opened Activity Monitor, and when I use iTunes, it only uses no more than an estimated 30% of the processor, adding to the max sum of about 44% of the total processor use. WT* is GOIN' ON?!?:mad: What should I do:confused:

By the way, this is what I did on Onyx before required to restart:

Cleaning (The Double Broom Icon)
    Kernel Cleaning, Cache Cleaning, e.t.c.

2. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

yeah you probably shouldn't be running Leopard on that machine. Tiger is much better for you. The spec on that machine is well below Leopard minimum.

Not sure what happened, but leopard didn't like something with Onyx.

3. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Wow, I'm astounded, if not strongly surprised, that Leopard didn't run like a winded grandmother or worse before the Onyx sweep. Makes me wonder about reviving the graphite G4 in my basement--it has similar specs to yours.

4. Sawtooth811 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Actually, It ran Leopard just fine, and now I'm adjusted to it. But by the end of this summer, I might get a Mac Pro or an iMac.:apple: BTW: It runs OK now. Thanks for responding.

OOOO!:eek: Tell me the specs and features!:D