My Galaxy note 3 would have never done this.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mommybetts79, Sep 23, 2014.

1. mommybetts79 macrumors member

mommybetts79

Yesterday at 5:00 pm I charged my iPhone 6 plus up to 97% before I went to school. Normally when I'm in class I have to cut off my data and gps due to Sprint not having LTE in that area. I could walk into class with it being at 97% and leave with it being at 20% or lower within three hours. But this time I wanted to test out my new phone to see how it stood up to the Note. IT DID GREAT!!! I walked out of class with it being at 81% instead of 20%, and I was able to use it in class with a 3G connection. Last night I didn't charge it at all before I went to bed and I have been using my phone heavily. Currently I still haven't charged it and 18 hours later I am at 21%. My Galaxy note 3 wouldn't have never made it this far.

2. erzhik macrumors 6502

If your Note discharges from 97% to 20% in mere 3 hours, there is either something wrong with your battery, you have too many apps running in the background or you are trolling.

3. mommybetts79 thread starter macrumors member

mommybetts79

I believe it was the apps.

----------

I use to call myself stopping a lot of apps that was running with another app that I had installed.

4. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

5. mommybetts79 thread starter macrumors member

mommybetts79

Yes it is, but with my iPhone I only had a 3G signal and it lasted.

6. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

What do you mean 'only a 3G signal'? Having a strong 3G signal is a lot better on your battery than having a weak 4G signal..

7. mommybetts79 thread starter macrumors member

mommybetts79

I never knew that.

----------

I always assumed 4g was better. I guess you do learn something new everyday:)

8. iphone X macrumors regular

iphone X

any good signal is better for your battery than a weak signal :p

9. mommybetts79 thread starter macrumors member

mommybetts79

10. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Yep, a strong 3G signal will dramatically increase battery life compared to a weak 4G signal.

Of course, it will take longer to load anything so the gains may even themselves out - but if you're just leaving it in your pocket, it's better to have a strong reliable signal (even if it's 2G or 3G) than a weak one, as the phone may constantly be searching for that signal.

11. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

My 6 Plus' battery life is insane (in a very good way). I have only charged my phone twice since Friday morning and that's with extreme usage. I'm getting on average in the 9.5 hours of usage times between charges. that's right there with my iPad Air.

I sell phones for a living and I have yet to see ANY Android device with remotely similar battery usage times.

12. dseg42 macrumors member

Spot on.

13. macduke Suspended

macduke

Well, in the initial lab testing at Anandtech they found that for web browsing, the iPhone 6 Plus lasts about 3.7 hours longer than the Note 3. Rather impressive. I can confirm. When I got home from work yesterday, my iPhone was at 90%. It's 11:30am right now and I kid you not, my Plus still says 100%. I don't even understand this black magic:

[​IMG]

14. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

Have you ever had sprint?

15. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

You must mean the Galaxy Note 3 would never bend ;)

16. mommybetts79 thread starter macrumors member

mommybetts79

Just now seeing this. No I wasn't trolling.

17. Chatter macrumors 6502a

No, you are not trolling. Its the quick, knee jerk internet reaction to everything now-a-days. I never had a Note so I cannot comment on its performance. I did have an LG and I would do the same as you - kill apps, turn off things etc to make it last.

18. mommybetts79 thread starter macrumors member

mommybetts79

Lol ok. Yes I had tried everything to save my battery when off wifi, but nothing seemed to work for me. Even cutting off my gps, and data.

19. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I've had a note 3 and the battery life isn't anywhere near as good as it is on the 6 plus.

20. Sosab123 macrumors member

As a fellow 6 plus owner I can also agree upon the amazing battery life of it. Coming from a G3 which is even more of a battery hog I can say it's quite satisfying going to work with a 95 percent charge and coming home with 75 to 80 percent even with mild usage and 4g running around the clock.

21. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

I am with Shanghaichica. My GN3 didn't have near as good battery life. But, to be fair, it wasn't near as good a phone as my Galaxy Note 2. The two best phones I have ever owned have been the Galaxy Note 2 and the iPhone 6+. Third would be iphone 3gs.

22. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

My LG G Pad can't stay at 100% for 10 min not like my iPad Air. :apple:

23. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yeah I heard great things regarding the battery life of the note 2. People said it was able to go 2 days on a charge. I've only ever had the original note and the note 3 so missed out on that.