My GelaSkins came in! (Alum.macbook)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zotes24, Dec 12, 2008.

1. zotes24 macrumors regular

zotes24

Got them in for the iPhone and my Aluminum Macbook. The skin looks amazing, the only thing i hate is that it doesnt have a cut out for the apple logo, so im going to cut out the logo myself. Ill post pics after i do that tomorrow. i have to get a razor.
    www.gelaskins.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Looks awesome! I can still see the indentation left by the apple logo! :)

3. zotes24 thread starter macrumors regular

zotes24

yea i hate that it is covered up, but i will get the apple logo cut out soon

4. sangosimo Guest

sangosimo

It looks like you did a good job of getting it on. It looks pretty cool, but it is not my favorite design. these are my favorites

5. zotes24 thread starter macrumors regular

zotes24

here is how the apple logo looks when it is dark and the skin is on... still want to cut the logo out but that will have to wait. sorry for the horrible iphone pics but its all i have

[​IMG]

6. LinMac macrumors 65816

Do they have any of these type of skins that incorporate the Apple logo instead of covering it up?

I wouldn't mind buying one, but everyone needs to see my Apple logo so I can hold it over all those lowly PC users. :D

7. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

It looks kinda cool like that! It gives it a 3D look almost. The Apple logo is behind the graphic. :) Looks good!

8. zotes24 thread starter macrumors regular

zotes24

No gelaskins doesnt do that for some reason, who knows they might do it in the future with maybe popular demand if people ask for it.

yea it doesnt look terrible but the apple logo will pop even more when cut out with the gray background

9. Surely Guest

Surely

Ewwww. Not a fan. Why would you want to cover up the aluminum? It looks so sleek as it is.....

But, to each their own. I'm glad you're happy with it. :)

10. zotes24 thread starter macrumors regular

zotes24

yea thats the dilemma i had for a month, "do i really want to cover this nice :apple:ss aluminum? Then i just said u know what, this is removable and you can reapply it, so when i get tired of one way, just take it off or slap it on. In person it really does look amazing though.

11. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Pretty cool!! I ordered a hard shell case for mine and I hope it comes soon.

12. zotes24 thread starter macrumors regular

zotes24

post pics when u get it. let us know how easy it is to get on and off etc..

13. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Someone else has already
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=611173

I'm getting one because I work in the field a lot and i take it with me, my work laptop is beat to hell and I hope this helps my Macbook.