My Genius iphone isnt so smart?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enigmaverse, Sep 14, 2008.

1. enigmaverse macrumors member

So I've been playing with the genius playlists in both iTunes and my iPhone. Itunes, flawless. Genius makes great playlists off any song I pick, my iphone is a different story altogether. Unless its a really popular song, I cant do anything... most of time, maybe 90% I get:

Try Again
    This song does not have enough related songs to create a Genius Playlist

Yet that same song in Itunes generate a good list of 50, 75, 100 songs. What gives? anybody else seeing this?

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Haven't heard about this on an iPhone yet.
    But for some reason on my iTunes it will suggest a song in a genius playlist, then I will try to make a genius playlist off of that one and it says basically the same thing your iPhone does.

3. enigmaverse thread starter macrumors member

This is actually a double post... my bad, my first search dindt show any viable results... theres another thread going here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=562749

It weird, some these artist are lesser known, but it baffles me as to why it works in itunes and not on iphone?

I was thinking maybe the artist hadnt been fully integrated into the store yet, but in that case it wouldnt work in itunes either.

Do you have any issue with your iphone and genius playlist?

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Sorry, I don't have an iPhone. Lol.
    But I wouldn't be surprised if people using 2G iPod Touches also had this problem; I'm going to get one very, very shortly so I'll tell you if I notice anything.

5. renesboy54 macrumors newbie

renesboy54

Genius

My itunes seems to create a genius playlist and play it, but it doesn't show up in the list of playlists on the left hand side of the screen. Any ideas?